Intervention Advice

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Kalypso, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

Alright, so here's the situation- my best friend of 6~ years (maybe more, can't really remember) is dating a succubus. We (Me and all of his friends I know) all hate her. All of us, completely fucking hate this bitch.

She's self-absorbed, annoying, unattractive, and just generally intolerable. My friend (Henceforth referred to as Shaun) can do much better than his gf (Henceforth referred to as Slut), he's muscular, generally attractive and etc. The chick really isn't all that hot at all, I've seen her naked several times (Alcohol was involved) and if anything she makes your dick shrivel up.

There is absolutely nothing about this chick that's even remotely attractive. No personality, not hot, etc.

Example- Shaun and Kevin were going to hang out and play a game called Guilty Gear, they rarely play and finally got together to play it. When Shaun, Kevin and Slut enter the house Slut b-lines it to the PS2, plugs in Oden Sphere (A single player game) and proceeds to play it for about half an hour while they watch. At this point Kevin has had enough of her selfish bullshit, tells Shaun he's leaving, and Slut sighs and forfeits the system. About ten minutes later Slut gets Shaun to leave.

Similar situation, one day I came home around midnight and Shaun/Slut are just kind of sitting on my couch (No call, no notice) playing guitar hero. I'm wondering wtf is going on, wait until she finishes a song and ask for the guitar to play one. She ignores me, in my own fucking house, on my own fucking game, and plays another. Then after this I'm becoming visibly intolerant of her bs, she yields the guitar and whisks Shaun out of the house.

It's impossible to do anything with Shaun without Slut invariably being brought along, and she seriously ruins the fun of doing stuff. Talks during movies, saying heinously stupid things, sucks at conversation during dinner, etc.

Generally she just sucks the fun out of everything.

For the past 6 months he's been dating this bitch and none of us have done anything. We pretty much conclude that if we say anything, Shaun will take Slut's side and we'll never see him again until they break up. However, as it stands, we rarely if ever see him, so that doesn't seem like much of a loss.

My question is- what would you do? I mean if I don't say anything I'm pretty much never going to see him, and occasionally I'll have to put up with her presence (We mutually hate each other and make it fairly obvious when around each other). Typically if Shaun or Slut are organizing something, I don't get invited, they arranged a "big dinner with all their friends" awhile back and literally invited everyone but me, they invited one of my roomates that doesn't even hang out with them and not me. However, if I do say something, chances are... I'll never see him again, because he WILL take her side.

Oh, more backstory, she pretty much straight up told him she cheated on him, several times, and he said he "had to learn to deal with it."

What the fuck do I do about this bitch? If I linked him this thread and he saw my feelings regarding said slut I'd probably never talk to him again, although he takes my word as gospel on literally anything else.

I'm fed up with her, but I don't know how to go about this in a manner that doesn't permanently fuck stuff up.

2. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

You don't do shit. It's not your place and don't even pretend like it is.

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

My friend dated a succubus, we even called her that. They went together on and off for well over a year even though we all loathed her, she cheated on him, we never saw him. Basically it just took all of our continuous "why are you dating her again?!?" comments and her cheating on him a second time to finally dump her for good. Even so, I know my friends and I were all out of line.

The only time I'd really say anything (if I were you) is if a situation arises again, like her coming to your apartment and acting like she owns it you straight up tell her off-I know I would. Or if youre in a movie and she's talking just go, "HEY, SHUT THE FUCK UP!" Which I've done as well, and I don't even have balls.

4. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

It's my place when my best friend completely changes his life to cater to some whore who's cheating on and using him. That is definitely my business. If that shit happened to me and no one said anything I'd be more angry after all was said and done than if everyone told me how they felt.
    No one has really told him, we just make comments with clear negative connotation when referring to her.

House, and I let her know when she's out of line. That's why she hates me, I don't let her control my life, unlike Shaun. He's co-dependent, he'll do anything she wants so long as she gives him attention. And last time I went to a movie with her, which was the last time I will, my roomate told her to shut the fuck up.

It's one thing to say respect his choices and space, that's what we've been doing for 6 months, but there comes a point when EVERYONE but the person in denial sees something and the question whether or not to act arises, constantly, until the bitch is gone. My worst fear regarding my friends is that Shaun proposes to the slut, because it's the kind of stupid thing he'd do. Last Saturday my friend Dylan got trashed and proposed to his gf, she said yes, made me kind of do a double-take and think "Wow, that could be Shaun, fuck."

I think it is entirely my business, and that's because of my view reversing the situation- again, if I was dating a whore and blinded to it I'd absolutely want my friends to intervene. There's only one chick I know who understands me even a fraction of the degree my friends do, if anything was going to get me out of a relationship I was taking a beating in it'd be the advice and input of my close friends.

As a side note, I don't see her anymore, if I find out she's going to be somewhere I don't show up.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  5. NCS

NCS Active Member

^^ beer has some good ideas.

i'm going to add to it. if possible, dont confront the girl (unless she's out of line, and then do it in finesse. ask her to leave, if its your place -- and politely).

plan one or two weekly guys nights out, something its obvious she's not invited to, and let the drama ensue behind the scenes. she's going to bitch at him about going, and if he doesnt show up its going to eat at him more and more.

all of this is a long process.

you can aslo try and talk to him about it, mention you're happy if he's happy but you simply don't get it. ask for him to explain whats so great about the relationship in a very NICE way. if he gets defensive, you've asked wrong.

do not ever bring up a you vs. her situation. the whole argument, always, is about if the guy is happy or not. i've dealt with (and am dealing with) close friends who have been with succubii and this is the way to go. you are Shaun's friend, and if you're close, you want him to be happy. you don't get it, you want to understand that bit of the universe. thats all

now i know you are truly baffled as to why he is with a girl like this. so was i. here are possible reasons
    -she provides one great area (sex) that is soooooooooooooooo good that it would take an enormous amount of energy to find elsewhere. for ex: through some freak accident and because she's ugly and there's not much on the line, your friend admitted to her that he likes to crossdress, get fucked up his ass, at marine world, while chowing on dolphin dick. A fetish is a strong thing. Maybe he gets it with her.
    -fear. he thinks this is probably the best he could do (yeah, he's been with finer girls, but he couldnt hold on to them, right?). so somewhere in his mind this is the best that he can get.

solution B. get a REALLY good looking and charming girlfriend to seduce him. if enough damage is done, itll be over. if you want to be really evil, and think its your place to go trhough with such a plan, get photos of the proof to make sure it works.

6. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

If he can be with the slut he's with the slut, he choses to be around her over us, regardless of what either party is doing.
    He doesn't display and is not honest about his emotions, there's no way for HIM to know if he's happy, much less us. One of the biggest problems here is that he's completely co-dependent and in deep, deep denial.
    This one. He, for whatever reason, has little to no confidence, coming from me that means something. He takes whatever he can get and clings onto it like a floating piece of flotsam drifting away from the titanic. We can't exactly fix this though.

7. NCS

NCS Active Member

you're good with girls, right? at every chance you are hanging out with him, approach girls, some will be bound to like him

sounds like he has a lot to work out on his own though... and thats the real problem

8. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

DOT

next time just fucking unplug guitar hero and take the guitar from her. if she protests or shaun protests, say i asked for it next, she ignored me like a cunt and i took it from her. kuz i am a man and this is my house

9. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

My roommate I was referring to is my roommate because we've been friends for 10 years.

I'm not needy, I've been ignoring this shit for 6 months, I just feel compelled to do something. Again, if it were me with the bitch, I'd want my friends to do something, I'm just not sure what.

10. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

you arent the one with the slut. you are the one with the problem with the slut. you may just be driving a wedge through the friendship. try to enjoy the time you have with him instead of focusing on the negatives. if he loves her you have no standing to break them up.

11. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

1. Throw Party
    2. Invite Slutty girls and friend
    3. Have lots and lots of booze handy
    4. ????
    5. Proffit

12. kiri

kiri New Member

omg, she sounds like an absolute terror. why do you think he's with her? is she just really controlling? is he weak enough to be manipulated by her?

why not tell him you're having a "guys night" and have some bros over to play xbox or whatever. don't mention anything about her or stage an intervention, but just have a night of fun to remind him what he's missing and to rebuild the bond you two had. maybe eventually he'll be the one to open up about it :dunno:

13. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

He's submissive. Really submissive.

Anyway I'm just going to keep ignoring it, eventually he'll dump the bitch, until then I'll keep doing other stuff and just ignore it.

14. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Too bad. His choice, not yours.

You can however, choose not to hang out with him if you know she is going to be around.

15. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

I already do that