Intersesting similarities between Duragloss 101 and Zaino All in One

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Scottwax, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I was at CarQuest today and figured I'd try out some Duragloss products. I picked up Duragloss 101 and Aquawax based on the great reviews I have seen here.

While looking over the label on Duragloss 101, something caught my eye. A warning about "alphatic hydrocarbons" that sounded familiar. I then realized where I had seen the same warning before-on my bottle of Zaino All in One. There are the only two products I have ever seen with a specific warning about alphatic hydrocarbons. Intersting...:noes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The directions are quite similar as well and both recommend removing with 100% soft cotton cloths.

:eek3:

2. Goat

Goat That crack is really moreish

but nothing is as good as Zaino :eek3:

I just realized today that the Toyota forum I post on is 90% Zaino freaks, thank god the mods are open minded.

3. Juztang

Juztang www.obsessivedetail.com

I've always thought Zaino and Duragloss products were very similar. I wonder if one makes the other?

4. Scottwax

I do know that Zaino doesn't have their own manufacturing plant....

The Zaino Nazis are going nuts on detailersclub.com (you have to register to even read). I highly doubt they'd approve me as a member, they hate my guts because even after sending me a plethora of Zaino products, I have yet to bow down to Sal they way they do.

My thread and another (and maybe more) have them in a tizzy.

Ha! They way they spam Autopia and they talk about under-handed activity? Don't make me puke.

5. danponjican

danponjican New Member

If I were a betting man I would put good money on the chance that Zaino is DG re-branded! LOL! At best, they mod DG products and repackage them. Boy, that would be the bubble popper of all time for all the Zaino worshipers!

6. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

I think I said this before maybe here or on Autopia but I liked that place initially but man its nothing but a Zaino dick suckers forum as of late. I love Zaino but not going to be obsessive like those guys man.

7. Scottwax

I bet a bunch of those guys are either getting payouts or free product from Sal. One of them sent me $130 worth of products. His name was on the receipt but I'm willing to bet Sal covered it. I got the stuff at the same time Ron from Dents and Details got a similar package free from Sal. If their goal was to turn me into a Zaino Zombie too, it didn't work. Most of the stuff is pretty decent but it seems that Duragloss has a lot of very similar products for a lot less.

Oh and :rofl: at blkZ28 thinking there is an ochestrated attack on Zaino. Yeah, well all get together and decide to post threads about Zaino. :rolleyes:

8. Juztang

Juztang www.obsessivedetail.com

It is ridiculous how a lot of the Zaino guys act. They act like there is no other products out there that even compare. I can't stand how they try to push the products off on people. I was thinking about carrying the Zaino lineup but the image has really turned me away.

9. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

Fuck the image I just want a quality product. I can think for myself over all the fanboys of any product out there.

10. Scottwax

There are a few Zaino products I really like though. Z-PC is an excellent polish, cuts like Meguiars #80 and finishes down real clear like Menzerna. Z8 (the sealant spray) is also very good and plays well with Werkstatt, Opti-Seal and NXT. Z5 Pro is pretty good too, the look reminds me of NXT (that is a good thing) and it is pretty durable. I don't mix it with ZFX and get into the layering fetish though. Z5 and then Z8.