Internet Troubles

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by paintballah03, Jun 13, 2004.

1. paintballah03

paintballah03 My av has been stolen. :squint:

Alright, my computer keeps cutting me off of the internet at random times. I have a cable modem through comcast, running through a router. It seems like whenever it wants to, it will just stop working. It won't load internet pages, won't connect to hubs on DC++, won't let me play xbox live, and won't let me use AIM. The part that I thought was weird was that it doesn't disconnect me from AIM, but I can't send IMs and if I sign off I can't sign back on. All of the lights on my modem and router stay lit up, and the "network cable disconnected" popup from XP doesn't come up until I unplug the modem. I called comcast about it the first time it happened, and they told me to unplug the modem, unplug the router, then plug the modem back in and let it boot up and then plug the router back in and let it boot up, which works, but I have to wait about a minute after the router boots back up before the internet works again. Can anyone tell me what's going on? It's pretty frusterating to be downloading a torrent or something and then have the cable fuck up.:rant2:

2. paintballah03

paintballah03 My av has been stolen. :squint:

3. pu11myhair

pu11myhair Guest

omg im TOTALLY having the same problem too!! help!