Internet not working

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by naerok, Feb 7, 2005.

1. naerok

naerok Guest

Okay, I know at least 4 people that had this same problem. Let me try to explain as best as I could.

I'm on broadband (cable) to be exact, connected to a router. Everything seems to be in working order and it worked fine like the night before. Now I can't seem to connect at all. Everything seems fine but It just wont get online. In dos promt, I can ping to a site, ex: google.com and it pings. But I cant get online. Anyone else had this problem? My friend had the same problem and he reinstalled windows and it worked again. But I reformatted and I still have the same problem. Anyone had this same problem? And if so, how did you fix it. If you could help me I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

2. mace

mace i don't read

are you using a proxy?

3. Gaylord Focker

Gaylord Focker 8=oOOo=D ~ ~ ~

try plugging your computer directly into the modem to see if that works

4. Vlachen

Vlachen New Member

are you using McAfee? I've been fixing many computers were McAfee completely fucks the TCP/IP stack

5. Juvenall

Juvenall What Would Juvie Do?

Give this app a shot - http://downloads.subratam.org/WinsockFix.zip

I used it to repair my XP Pro box back when I was using Steganos Internet Anonym. You just run the program, reboot and everything works again..lol. You can do this all by hand, but it's a pain in the ass if it happens alot.

Odds are though, it is going to be some program you're running that's causing the trouble. You may need to take a moment to review what you're installing.