Internet/network help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by wake_o, May 30, 2004.

1. wake_o

wake_o New Member

Feb 1, 2004
    Ok at my house we have a network set up with 2 computers and 2 laptops(linksys). Everything worked fine. i was d/ling the new yahoo messanger update and after that was completed messangere woudlnt connect. I tried redownloading it and redownloading an old version, neither worked. I, stupidly, went into network settings and went thru the home network setup again. All that resulted was internet didnt work at all on that computer(the main one, where router is connected to) but all the other comps that are wireless work fine. what the crap did i do? any help is appreciated!
  2. Intuit

Intuit Guest

As far as what might've been going on when it was just the messenger that wasn't working... it could've been temporary technical difficulties with the messenger's network... as they occassionally go down. There is a higher likelihood however that some setting in your system's firewall prevented the app from communicating with the net.

As far as getting your network backup and running for that PC... your ISP or local mom/pop CPU shop will of better assistance.