Internet Explorer runs very slow

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Mr. Bryan, Aug 24, 2003.

1. Mr. Bryan

Mr. Bryan Seriously.

loading pages is still quick, but when I scroll pages up and down, or type (like I am now) they dont appear instantly, I can sit back and watch the letters appear one by one. this is very frustrating. I think something installed it self on my computer like an auto dialer type program. I ran spy bot is a there anyother way to figure out what is doing this? if not, I guess I will reformat.

2. Rob

Rob OT Supporter

Since IE is so tightly integrated with the OS, I think you had the right idea with a reformat.

3. Astro

Astro Code Monkey

How do other browsers respond?

I'd check the system resources. Take a look at how busy your CPU is. Take a look at how much memory (RAM and hard drive) you have available). It might be you're low on RAM and its thrashing the hard drive. You try clearing the cache? Have you tried rebooting and seeing if this problem goes away, comes back immediately, or comes back after a certain time period?

I'd save reformating as a last resort...

4. Leb_CRX

Leb_CRX OT's resident terrorist

what OS are you using?? in 9x, me, and I belive 2000 in add/remove programs in the CP, if you double click on IE you get the option to repair it...try that if it does not work, I would check in updating it to the latest version, if that sitll does not work...

dont bother with it, format

5. D3aC0n

D3aC0n Vesa ToskaLOL OT Supporter

could be your video card drivers
    or your refresh rate