Internet Explorer 7.0 Beta 3 and Mcafee

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by snowmann79, Aug 14, 2006.

1. snowmann79

snowmann79 New Member

I have a question on how to get IE 7.0 off my computer. I went to add/remove programs and thought i got it all off. but when i ran my mcafee virus scan it stops at c:\windows\system32\dllcache\set1f2b.tmp and doesnt let you go anywhere. i know now that mcafee does not work with beta. and i am think that may be the case here. but what i need to know is how to get all of IE 7.0 off my computer. so my mcafee virus scan will work again. thanks

2. Schproda

Schproda New Member

M$ + Beta = Shit :) Look on the M$ web site and see if there are any answers. You can also try technet.microsoft.com

3. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

System Restore is your friend. Go back to the day before you installed IE7.

God help us if IE7 stays the way it is now; I absolutely LOATHE the new interface.

4. Schproda

Schproda New Member

I went against every moral and principle I have and downloaded IE7 beta3. It acts like it won't connect to some sites. Opera is still kicking the shiz out of it though and at about 1/5th the size of the program.

5. rsxm5

rsxm5 OT Supporter

I tried Beta 2 and had a ton of problems with it. I didn't even end up bothering with Beta 3. I know quite a few people who have had various problems with it.