SRS internet dating

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by black jesus, Dec 15, 2007.

1. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

I'm thinking about trying chemistry.com. I've been single for 8 years, with very little success. It might be a good way to learn to be around women. However I understand that there's a thousand men going after the same women I'm after, so my odds aren't that good. I don't want to throw $50 away, but fuck, I need something to at least give me hope.

any thoughts?

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

how are you going to learn to be around women by throwing money at a website?

Even if you find someone on one of those sites, you're still going to have just as much trouble as you do now when you meet.

Don't spend your money on that until you know how to deal with women...go practice out in the real world, where it won't cost you anything.

3. Chadder007

Chadder007 OG Diamond Member

MF :werd:
    Dating sites didn't help me a bit.

4. Striker22

Striker22 New Member

Give it a shot, but $50 seems a bit excessive imo. It all depends on the situation.. why were u single for that long, is the true question

5. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

I don't really know aside from not approaching women. I'm doing something remarkably wrong though, and I need to figure it out.

6. johan

johan Active Member

well $50 isn't a whole lot of money, so if you want to try it, go ahead.

I think you will find however that internet dating only gives you the illusion that you're doing something about your problem.

In reality, it will be a bunch of time wasted on dead-ends, frustration, lack of solid leads, or leads with people that turn out to be nothing like their pics/profiles, etc.

Or they may be quite palatable on the surface (appearance) but have a whole host of problems underneath.

Get involved with them, and you're likely to waste another 8 years spinning around in crap.

Why have you been alone for 8 years? Think about that.

And its not because of lack of available people.
    Unless you live in on an ice shelf in Antarctica, there are likely thousands of girls all around you.

What is it about your personality that doesn't allow you to connect with the people in your everyday life?

And remember these problems will still be there, even if you luck out and meet someone worthwhile on an internet dating site. How will you connect with internet girl, when you haven't been able to connect with anyone for 8 years?

So why not address those underlying problems first?

Then you can get a potential date ANYWHERE you go.
    No need for lame internet dating.

Make sense?

7. TheManLouisianaFace

TheManLouisianaFace and decide!

For the first time in internet history, I agree with Metallic Blue. I know from personal experience.

8. crunchy_black

crunchy_black OT Supporter

i got plenty of roots off the internet.

Give it a shot.

Although most of the women weren't the best looking :coolugh:

9. SixSecrets

SixSecrets New Member

Internet dating sucks.
    It's a Predator Party.
    Yikes.

10. eljefedetonto

eljefedetonto OT Supporter

It's hit or miss... mostly miss.

11. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

I've had GREAT success to internet dating.

I'll be honest though, I'm a big time people's person. I'm 21 years old and have been a salesmen my whole life (ever since I could remember, I tried to persuade everyone and anyone about anything). So when it came down to meeting someone, I always felt extremely comfortable... but it's up to you to make it that way.

Internet dating is great cause its easier to flirt, talk, serious, sexual, etc etc, but if you don't have the balls to close it in person, its just going to slap you in the face.

12. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

my coworkers really stupid and got married to a woman with 2 kids after dating for 8 months. but . . . if i were you id just take it slow.

i read today that 33 % of women who meet on the net have sex on the first date.

mostly kuz they are desparate too. but the hot ones just want to meet people from a pool of people outside their friends.