Internet Connection Sharing issue

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by EffBeeEye, May 9, 2008.

1. EffBeeEye

EffBeeEye New Member

Hey guys, so on my laptop, which i use to connect my xbox 360 to the internet via ICS, when i click on my wireless connection, i can go to advanced and enable ICS. Using this method, the xbox connects fine and everything works. The problem is, my brother wants to do the same thing, yet on his computer, no ICS option is available on the wireless connection, its only available when i go to Advanced under the wired connection. i'm thinking this may be due to the fact that his computer did not come built with a wireless card (he uses a USB one). For some reason his settings are the flip flopped versions of mine, i'm just wondering if anyone knows how to change it so that ICS is available under the wireless card.

Thanks

2. Hate Crime

Hate Crime Don't Hate OT Supporter

most usb cards need specific drivers/design to enable wireless ICS. not many usb wireless adapters allow it.

3. Sexual Vanilla

Sexual Vanilla New Member

I know it sounds trivial, but make sure his wired network connection isn't disabled...I ran into this issue as well only to find out it ICS isn't an option if you have disabled the wired connection in Network Connections.