Internet Browser keeps dying

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by z284pwr, Nov 14, 2006.

1. z284pwr

z284pwr OT Supporter

I have had this problem for some time now but it has recently been getting worse it seems. Anyways....At random the internet browser on my computer will die. Die as in it will just suddenly stop display, opening, etc. webpages. Anything else network related works fine, Outlook works fine, networking, fine, etc. Its only the Browser. I have tried more than 1 browser to which did the same thing. Sometimes it does it maybe once a day, others, it can be every 20 minutes, hell, sometimes its 5 minutes.

All I have to do is restart the computer and it works again, however, nothing else seems to fix it. Disabling the network, doesn't fix it, hell, I have disconnected the network cable and it didn't fix anything.

We are running a home network with 4 computers all connected to the Internet, mine is the only one that has ever had this problem.

Would anyone have any ideas on what would cause this problem?

Thanks

2. mace

mace i don't read

sounds like spyware. if you can't get rid of it using spybot search and destory or other programs then just download firefox.

3. z284pwr

z284pwr OT Supporter

I have Firefox, it did it too. It does even after a fresh Windows install too

Edit - I did an Adaware SE Plus scan with up to date definitions and nothing other than cookies for spyware.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2006
  4. hyukki

hyukki ._.

I never had this problem with IE, however, I had the same exact problem when I tried firefox for the first time. For me, it was the cache that was causing the problems. The cache quickly filled up and couldn't delete/replace faster than the incoming files.

Clean out your temporary internet files if you have IE.
    Clean out your cache if you have firefox. You can also set it to delete the cache every time you close firefox or you can change the cache size to something bigger than 50 MBs. 50 is the default. (I set mine to 1024.)

5. z284pwr

z284pwr OT Supporter

I have tried that idea before with IE, it didn't help either actually. Having it set at its original setting for the space alotted for Temporary Internet Files and having it set at 1 so it basically doesn't save anything didn't change anything.

I was thinking about it some more and this may help out any. It does tend to do it more often when I use more than 1 browser at a time and moving fast through pages I know. Like if I click a link, open a page, click a link inside that page before the rest of the page is loaded. That or if I open a lot of windows/tabs.