Internet access and ISA security.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by dr.zed, Oct 30, 2007.

1. dr.zed

dr.zed DR.ZED OT Supporter

I just started working for a large American based company. No websites are locked down, but everything flows through a proxy server.

I'm not into dicking around on the Internet during the day, but something struck me today and I wanted to run it by the Internet security/monitoring crew.

I am positive the company is using an ISA server. I am not 100% on what that means, but I saw an error message showing that.

I logged in via the web to check a hotmail account, and realized after I did that that I had (my favorite website) black dong on blond membership emails were there as new messages. I never opened them. (waiting until I got home to renew ofcourse). Can this be picked up by ISA or any other Internet filtering software? Or is this reserved to just actual website addresses?

What can and cannot be seen? I would want work to find out about the emails from my favorite fetish websites.

My work PC is XP and my home PC is 2000. Can I login remotely without adding software to my work XP system and check from there?

Thanks in advance.

2. bpfx

bpfx .

If you can see it, they can see it.

3. dr.zed

dr.zed DR.ZED OT Supporter

4. upparoom

upparoom OT Supporter

ISA creates a log, by username and IP, of all websites and links you've clicked on.

they can see you went to your email, but not that you clicked on that email, unless you went to their link

5. Slid.

Slid. I'm a guy.

You'd have to use a VNC or a proxy though even with a proxy they could see what you're up to if they wanted to. Your best bet is to keep that stuff at home.

6. Brandon

Brandon New Member

+1

They dont see what your seeing unless they have some sort of remote control software setup (VNC, Novell ConsoleOne), yada) to where they can view your actualy screen.

Otherwise it is what upparoom said above.

Just keep it off work computers ... no point in jeopardizing your job.