Intergrated Sound on my intel MOBO *help*

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by archangel, Feb 14, 2005.

1. archangel

archangel Active Member

Sound on my speakers that are plugged into my intel mobo, on my newly built comp, is faint and only comes out of one speaker. I've checked all the connections and they are good. I've made sure the volume on the speakers are up, and that the volume on control panal is up. The speakers are fine b/c they work on my brand new DELL desktop.

Could my mobo be defective?
    If so, should I get a sound card?

Info on my mobo:
    http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/ag/index.htm
    http://home.comcast.net/~ericvu77/mobo1.jpg

Last edited: Feb 14, 2005
  2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

ah, the infamous gagl. Prolly a mis-soldered audio connector. Onboard audio is lame, anyway. Get a better sound card.

3. archangel

archangel Active Member

:big grin:OH: So putting in a new sound card will not interfer w/ the onboard audio?

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

nope. a seperate sound card (either pci or usb) is not affected by onboard audio.

5. Luni420

Luni420 Boost Addict

Just be sure to go into your bios under integrated peripherals or some such and disable your onboard sound or you could have hardware conflicts.

6. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

i've never had an issue. In fact, my current system has an audigy 2 and my onboard is not disabled, and I will switch between the two.

7. FreeSpace

FreeSpace Guest

You should look into the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz. It's an amazing card...It has more features than an Audigy 2, as well as better sound quality, and MIDI that sounds so real, sometimes you will think it really is an orchestra playing. It also has the best drivers around; they are fast, stable, and packed with features.

The card itself has some cool stuff such as Sensaura 3D Positional Audio. It doesn't color the sound at all, it still sounds bright as day. Another good feature is Aureal 3D, which kicks the crap out of EAX. It also has a VersaJack, which can do just about any function, from a second output for a headset, to a digital output to a reciever, as well as a third input, and anything else under the sun.

Creative Labs is the exact opposite of everything I just posted there. Poor sound quality, lack of features (The working features ARE terrible!), c. 1998 style MIDI, and last, but certainly not least, the shittiest drivers in the land.

The best part is that the Santa Cruz costs $30-40, while the Audigy 2 costs about $60+.

Don't go Creative, you will regret it.