Interesting.....

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by JRock10, Nov 20, 2008.

1. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

Read about this from Professional Carwashing and Detailing. It's a little long, but thought you guys may be interested. Also, may be another tool in your box to promote our services over a full service tunnel wash. :dunno: Just a thought. Enjoy!

2. Morgan06

Morgan06 New Member

I've consistently heard of drive thru car washes using acid based solutions, but never about it affecting anything other than the painted finish.

On a side note, I had a management position at a multi franchise dealership and a customer came back stating that we used a chemical that ruined her windshield. Turns out that one of the mechanics filled her windshield washer reservoir with transmission fluid. :rofl:

Do any of the pro detailers add this type of 'propaganda' to their websites? I'm trying to monetize my new business' internet presence with tutorials and articles and think this kind of information could help.

3. trueimage

trueimage Money from dirt OT Supporter

So, what will clean the windshield... my Infiniti has a film like this, annoying!

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I'd start with clay then a paint polish to really get it clean. If you mean the interior glass, a good glass cleaner and a microfiber towel should work.

5. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Personally I keep a bottle of Zaino Glass Polish around for just such occasions....

6. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

autoglym glass polish