MIL Interesting uniform question for all services...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Accord, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Accord

Accord New Member

I was looking up uniform regulations on something when I came across this article on about.com which states exactly WHO is permitted to wear a military uniform.

According to paragraph D, no enlisted man is allowed to wear his uniform after 90 days of EAS'ing except in the case of paragraph E where if you served during a time of war, you're entitled to wear the uniform whenever you want.

So here is my question, were the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan ever actually considered to be wars by definition, did congress ever actually declare war or are they technically merely very large military operations, but not a war? Would someone who served honorably during the war in Iraq be entitled to wear the uniform according to paragraph E if congress never actually declared war?

2. kidhero

kidhero not really a hero, really just a big fat phony

iraq and afghanistan and vietnam were not wars but military operations.

this is just a technicality of the wording of the law but in the spirit of the law no one is ever going to stop you and tell you strip your uniform off when you have a vietnam, iraq, or afghanistan service medal on your uniform regardless of who and where you are or when you have ETSed. some old vets still prefer to wear their uniform from the vietnam war era and I for one will not be the one that's going to stand in front of them to tell them they are in violation of some shitty UCMJ

3. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

What kidhero said. I don't think a formal declaration of war is what is required. I think a de-facto condition of war is good enough.

4. kidhero

kidhero not really a hero, really just a big fat phony

that is different. the commandant of the marine corps specifically prohibits that behavior.

if i ever see you on the streets i would stand you at POA and tell you that's fucked up regardless if you're OCS candidate or a butter bar. you would have learned military clothing regulations during your rules and customs class. if you haven't had it yet you best knock that shit off.

oh, i bet you probably have dog tags hanging outside your shirts too. :mamoru::greddy: