LGBT Interesting thread in the main forum - with a poll

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Sam Gamgee, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

2. coma

coma New Member

Where do I sign up? Hell yes I would.

3. SantorinA4

SantorinA4 New Member

Would you really? Do you hate who you are that bad?

4. Notorious R.I.E.

Notorious R.I.E. Queen Bee

never... i love the way i am

5. MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf New Member

I wouldn't take the pill either.

6. coma

coma New Member

Yes. Bring on the pills!

7. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

I dunno where a lot of those votes are coming from. trolls methinks :squint:

8. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

I'd like to see things from the other perspective, but I really don't need a pill to do so.

9. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

Im in the sticks compared to SF, but I still wouldnt take it. I enjoy being different even if the government in this state tries (and usually does) take away our rights.

10. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

Sigh. "taking them away" would mean people actually had them.

11. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

Yes x2 :wtc: Before I came..err was forced out I had friends, I had family,etc. Now I just feel so out of place I'm moving 6 hours away. I still have one huge skeleton hidden in the closet I just hope my parents dont find out about. They bought a life insurance policy for me years ago and money was severly tight earlier this year and I cashed it in, and now months later I'm much worse off financially then I was before then. I have $425.00 to my name (excluding $6501 in grants and loans I just took out for school, and excluding a $1000.00 CD I saved to pay the capital gains on the insurance I cashed in.),and my bills run $300 a month(approx) and are due by the end of this month, and Im moving with no job set into stone. I've never been so scared of life before, I wasn't even this scared the night I came out or since then. I feel like everyone's looking down on me, like everyone knows about me and is judging me in their heads. I feel like I'm black and white and everyone else is bright colors. I don't even feel like me anymore. Back nearly a month ago when everything was private I was happy most of the time, running around with friends, laughing, enjoying myself. Now I just set at home in my room and make few outings. I still have a few close friends but i feel alienated to most of them now, except the ones who are closest enough that know what's been going on, yet I still feel awkward around them as well. I feel like I am about to be hunted by the hunter to become preyed upon and shot. :noes: No I'm not drunk or anything this is me being serious. I don't even know how to ask for help, or who to go to besides you all here at OT. I've lost more financially in the last year and a half or so then the average person makes in a year or two, possibly more. I started to total it all up the other day but I got about 1/2 way thru it just going WTF :ugh: and wound up balling my eyes out for several hours. Looking back I can't believe some of the choices I made over that time frame either. But I'm tying to get a second chance at things and if I don't make it up this semester in school then I'm screwed. I forgot what it felt like to feel this way, this low, I haven't felt this way in atleast 8 years. Let me say this now I'm not suicidal now but the last time I was lower then this I was. There was a time when I was say 15-16ish when I was pulled off the train tracks multiple times by my friends, and there honestly was one time they didn't catch me in time, but luckily the train had been slowing down anyway and growing up in a multi generatonal railroad family I know how to mount a moving train and I was able to jump onto the front step area at the last moment, seriously that was some stunt double shit and I jumped off the train into the darkness once the train had slowed down more. Luckily for me I had worn a ski mask because as I later found out my dad was on that train. I've lost track of my rambilings and where I was going, so in closing i will just say thanks OT Closet for being here for me lately, you've been better to me, more warm to me, and more welcoming to me in the last month then my own family and some long term friends have been.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2005
  12. SantorinA4

SantorinA4 New Member

Hmm...:hs:

13. SantorinA4

SantorinA4 New Member

You can always make new friends and family usually comes around. Most of the problems you are having won't change if you are straight. Financial problems are still financial problems whether you are straight or gay.

14. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

It'll get better, I promise :hug:

15. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

My family (the ones who know) that haven't came around will never come around. Not that my Dad and I had the best relationship to begin with but since I came out he talks to me even less. The rest of the family as I have mentioned before has gone way into the republican, right-winged, conservative baptitst church so yeah they wouldn't be going :bigthumb: :rofl: . As far as new friends, I've tried but most of the people I've met either won't give me the time of day or I go :ugh: what if I'm seen with them everyone will know I'm gay, etc. I'm not out at school and I would probably prefer it to stay that way as I know people and their kids that will or are going to school there.

16. SantorinA4

SantorinA4 New Member

Well...that's too bad that they won't come around. I had issues with my family as well and it took them over a year to come around. You never know what'll happen. Just hang in there. :hs:

17. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

Nope! I like me just the way I am!

18. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

I like you just the way you are too.

BTW, I would take a Bi pill if there was one.

19. Jabber

Jabber New Member

A couple years ago.. yeah. Hands down, for sure. Now? No, and not because I'm 100% comfortable with who I am. I figure being gay is a part of me and my personality. Why would I want to change that?

Would you take a pill to "cure" your own idiosyncrasies that defines who you are?