Interesting thread in BB.com for glucorell users...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by timberwolf, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6692181

Thoughts?
    andrew? CEAZE? macro?

2. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

I don't understand the whole polymerization thing and it wouldn't matter to me because all the studies I saw about r-ala showed that it worked well with people who were insulin resistant. Nothing was shown in non-insulin resistant humans to my knowledge and in a study with non-insulin resistant rats, exercise did the job and r-ala changed nothing more.

3. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

:bigthumb:
    Mike hooked me up with glucorell once and it (or alternative r-ala product) is something I'm considering taking more or less permanently

4. macro

macro New Member

honestly, this same old tired argument keeps coming up. Not particularly sure why. The only "evidence" regarding K and NA forms of r-ala comes from geronova. Polymerization occurs at temps OVER 105 degrees, its only an issue if you are storing stuff in an unairconditioned warehouse (though thats not really good for most supplements).

There is zero evidence, other than provided by geronova that there is ANY benefit to these forms of lipoic. Since lipoic is amphiphillic and these forms are hydrophillic their excretion rates are HIGHER and plasma uptake lower. Also they never seem to mention that these forms are made using extraction synthesis, which yields at best an 80/20 isomeric blend. However, they can claim that 80%/20% is R-form, because of the rather ancient standards used for determining isomeric purity.

amazingly no one is using this "amazing" form of lipoic for research. LOL.

seriously, the chinese have been trying to push this for years. Because extraction synthesis is a lot cheaper and more profitable. not interested....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.