GUN Interesting site of historical 2nd amendment quotes

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by farrelly, Dec 11, 2006.

1. farrelly

farrelly New Member

2. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion.... And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms.... The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    - Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

:wackit:

3. Keesh

Keesh New Member

I like how this is the last one on the disagreeing quotes:

# NAZI LAW (Regulations Against Jews' Possession of Weapons, 11 Nov 1938, German Minister of the Interior)

* "Those now possessing weapons and ammunition are at once to turn them over to the local police authority. Firearms and ammunition found in a Jew's possession will be forfeited to the government without compensation Whoever willfully or negligently violates the provisions will be punished with imprisonment and a fine."

4. luvitlo94

luvitlo94 Make a choice and don't look back.

5. Accord

Accord New Member

"The last time I checked, the Constitution said 'of the people, by the people and for the people'. That's what the Declaration of Independence says."
    -Bill Clinton

Reuters News Agency ([Editor's note: actually those words are in neither of those documents, but part of The Gettysburg Address by Abraham Lincoln]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

Interesting how that law was passed the day after Kristallnacht.
    When I bring up gun bans in Nazi Germany, people honestly don't believe me, and call me a liar. Or maybe it's just that they dont want to believe me.