SRS Interesting relationship dilemma, need advice.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by vtec1994, Jul 26, 2005.

1. vtec1994

vtec1994 It always rains at Le Mans

Ok here is my situation. Ive known this girl for literally all my life, we are best friends. As we grew older we became attracted to each other and hooked up a few times, this happend at like age 16. I then moved away and only saw her during the summers. Even tho we never were together, Id always wanted to be in a relationship with her. In the summer of '03 we were together on night and started talking about boyfriends and girlfriends when she comes out and says she wants us to be together. Good for me but she says we should wait till Xmas as I was starting college and she didnt want to hold me back.

Well Xmas rolls around and I am up visiting my grandparents and I get to see her also. She then decides thats it finally time to tell me that for the past year she has been fighting feelings for women, yadda yadda and that she currently had a girlfriend. Shitty situation for me, I thought at that point I would never be with her, that we would be friends for the rest of our lives.

Fast forward to 3 weeks ago. Im back at my grandparents beach house, where my friends grandparents also have a house (this is how we know each other). We are out to dinner and she asks me if I could ever see us two getting married. I told her how I had thought about it many times and she says the same. We came to the concensus that night that we both still are attracted to each other and we are fine with the idea of us marrying in the future.

We talked more the next day about it, how we both arent ready to settle down to anying since Im 20, shes 19, and I had a not so serious girlfriend. We both just knew that eventually we would end up together.

Here is my problem, we just talked a few mins ago and she mentioned how she was dating a new girl. Now I know that I cant stop her, and she, to my knowledge, still has feelings for me and all. And that eventually we will be together, I just dont know what to do in the meantime. My problem is, I know what I want, I know that I can and will eventually have it. And knowing that I feel like dating and being in other relationships is pretty pointless. I guess that Im scared that if we arent together right now, there is the possibility that someone else will come along, me being 900mi from her, and she will end up with them instead.

This is just me rambling I suppose since I really have no one else I can rant to. I just need to get it out of me, thanks for reading.

Cliffs: Know girl all my life, we like each other, she also is bisexual, tells me she sees us getting married eventually. Currently is dating a girl, Im scared something will happen to prevent us from being together in the end.

2. beanolo

beanolo It does a body good!!!1

Hmm. Well. You can't force someone to love you. I find it kinda odd to have an "open relationship" like that because they rarely end up working. Hard to love someone who isn't there physically... over time she MAY develop feelings for the other person... you can't hate her for it.. its natural.

Just go with it man.. you ARE a man right? If im reading this right... Don't hold onto it forever not putting anything into future relationships... shes dating others, you should to, if you end up together in the end, great. If not, be happy for her and move on.

3. WPInerd

WPInerd New Member

i say leave her and find someone normal

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

thing is , even tho you know your not going to be or see yourself in a relationship other then her, i do encourage you start living, you see you are waiting and she is dating other girls and it all concludes to the following. NEVER WAIT IN LIFE! , why because life is to short to wait for other people's relationships yadayada , its ok if you two would come together one time again, but in the meantime LIVE and get yourself dating experience, don't put your life on a hold for anyone. Date people that are within your inner circle.

5. kaxfenix

kaxfenix Guest

4 years from now, she will be a distant memory.

6. vtec1994

vtec1994 It always rains at Le Mans

No she will not

7. beanolo

beanolo It does a body good!!!1

You can hold on to her in your thoughts/memories as long as you want...

But just remember that while you are making your life miserable by doing that, shes moving on with her life without you.

If you are ok with that... then by all means..

8. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

Almost sounds like she's playing games with you, and she might even know she is.

I'd say, cut it off, no good can come from this.