Interesting news from Motor Trend on the GTO...

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Bad Mojo, Jun 28, 2003.

1. Bad Mojo

Bad Mojo Guest

I hope it's true [​IMG]

Motor Trend's 2004 Vehicle Forecast

"2004 Pontiac GTO : The legendary "Goat" is back as the 2004 GTO signifies that performance and excitement will again rule the house at Pontiac. Fully leveraging the worldwide capabilities of the GM product portfolio, the next GTO is based on the existing Holden Monaro two-door coupe featuring a Corvette-based, 350-horsepower LS1 V-8 with either a six-speed manual or four-speed automatic transmission driving the rear wheels. GM says stateside importation plans call for less than 20,000 GTOs for 2004 and may hint at other exciting overseas GM products migrating to North America. While pricing plans have not yet been formalized, look for a fully equipped GTO to sticker around $35,000 when it begins appearing in showrooms in the fall. Performance enthusiasts note: SLP is cooking up a 400-hp version, and so is GM Performance Division."

2. CopenKagan

CopenKagan OT Supporter

And what part of that is new information? :dunno:

3. Surgie

Surgie Mein Führer, I can walk!

I thought the only choices for the GTO was going to be manual/auto and the paint scheme, dunno what "fully equipped" consists of unless they charge more for the 6-spd :hs:

I figured SLP would cook up a nice version of it though, wonder if they're gonna release one with the 6.3l they're gonna put in the c6's :x:

4. Bad Mojo

Bad Mojo Guest

SLP hasn't released any official word yet... So... If Motor Trend has a reliable source, this would be new info. I checked with SLP yesterday and they won't say what they have in store for the GTO, much less whether it's going to be 400hp.