Interesting gritty horror film; Rest Stop

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by hanzo, Oct 9, 2006.

1. hanzo

hanzo New Member

I was impressed as how well it was made. It reminded me of some of the great classics in its minimilistic gritty approch. I'm looking forward to picking up the uncut DVD. Has anyone else seen the corpsecasting.com site linked to the movie? Looks like a fun thing to enter.

2. Barton12

Barton12 New Member

Great movie, i was really surprised buy how much i liked it. i was going to pass on it at first, but decided to sit down and watch it and i was pleasantly surprised :) Cant wait for the DVD to hit stores Oct. 17.

Im also planning on working on my submission for the corpsecasting.com contest this week :)

3. lowell79

lowell79 New Member

I started watching this on Sci-Fi Saturday night and the acting seemed a bit horrible. I'll probably pick up the DVD anyways when it comes out, I'm usually a sucker for these types of movies.

4. Zeromancer

Zeromancer Pampita's Love Slave

5. hanzo

hanzo New Member

The reviews are kind of mixed. I think people are used to big polished hollywood productions these days. One of the reasons I liked Rest Stop was because it was so basic (not an insult to the movie. I mean it was minimilistic and not overblown). It reminded me of classic horror movies. The gore in the uncut version should be worth it as well.

6. hellodon

hellodon

Dude, FEAST....what a waste of money that was. We went to rent it and all the copies were gone at Blockbuster...

I figured I'd love the movie so I thought "what the hell, I'll buy it."

What a mistake. It wasnt a bad horror movie in a good way, it was just boring...all took place at the bar...really disappointed after all the hype. All the action was way too fast to even care about..almost as if they didnt want to show you the attacks because of the budget or something. I was bored for the whole thing...I dunno. I really expected to love it because I love horror movies and a friend of mine recommended it. I told him how boring I thought it was and he said "oh...well you didnt watch the project greenlight, that's probably why" as if watching even more footage of this movie would make me enjoy it or something....blahhh.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2006
  7. thisgsx

thisgsx New Member

Dude, what are you babbling about? The movie doesnt take place at a bar. It takes place at a Rest Stop, hence the title of the movie. Anyways, I think Rest Stop sucked. And what was it with all the people she was seeing. Were they ghosts? What about that fucking cop? Or that girl in the room? Or what about her at the end of the movie? The acting was fucking terrible as well. Who cannot fucking shoot a gun? I mean come on! Just ranting through. :)

8. GoGophers

GoGophers New Member

Previous poster was talking about Feast, not Rest Stop.

9. thisgsx

thisgsx New Member

:o