interesting article on clen

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Chris3G, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris3G

Chris3G Bullshark Testosterone

according to the article, a recent study has found that clenbuterol was safe at high dosages in heart failure patients, and also helped to increase muscle mass and strength, which is commonly believed to not be the case in humans.

here's the full text of the article -

2. Marijuanair

Marijuanair Remember to have your pet spayed or neutered! OT Supporter

Clen is a full blown anabolic steroid is it not? That is what my family doctor told me when I was having some strange liver problems and I was taking it (got from Mexico :noes:)

3. shastaisforwinners

shastaisforwinners OT Supporter

no
    http://www.steroid.com/Clenbuterol.php

4. Chris3G

no it's not an anabolic steroid at all. it's original medical use was as a bronchodilator.

5. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

interesting to see that article considering the dangers of necrosis that have been documented in the past. I'm suprised they even did the study.

6. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

again... stop posting in the f&n

clen is not an anabolic steroid

7. Chris3G

the heart tissue necrosis is why i am not using it, but now they want to use it for heart patients? weird, right?

well either way, it says that due to the success of this small study, more and larger studies are planned.

8. shastaisforwinners

shastaisforwinners OT Supporter

very cool article, btw. I wonder what doses they actually used... seems like they are saying 400mcg+

9. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

^^ yeah, they said a very high does. I can't think of the logic behind putting heart patients on a high dose of clen, something just doesnt make sense. my heartrate was elevated all day on 100-120mcg - I can't imagine that would be good for something with a weak heart.

10. Chris3G

possibly some kind of mistake or misinterpretation of the study by the author of the article, she also writes in the beginning that bodybuilders use clen to "bulk up" which is not really correct either.

It would be interesting to see the actual study.

11. kidbv2

kidbv2 New Member

haha, that's the weirdest idea i've ever heard of. "hey! clen probably causes cardiac hypertrophy! let's put some people with weak-ass hearts on it, and fuckin' jack the dose up!"

12. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

So why the fuck were you taking it?

Jesus.

13. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

That's because in these patients their hearts are atrophying, basically dying off, and can't produce enough power to sustain adequate circulation.

14. btatedash

btatedash New Member

:rolleyes:

way to research properly, reporter chick

15. GilgaMesH

GilgaMesH Active Member

strange , strange study.

But interesting nonetheless. :bigthumb:

16. Marijuanair

weight loss

oh, and here is something from the first site I googled: http://www.clenbuterol.com/
    "Contrary to popular belief, Clenbuterol is not a steroidal compound, although it has some steroid-like characteristics."

So is it that fucking out there for someone to think it's a steroid if "popular belief" is that it is one? :rolleyes: settle the fuck down mainesucks, I dont need your fucking attitude. If I'm wrong tell me I'm wrong, and tell me why, dont bitch me out, I've never given anyone advice on here, I barf out info I take in, but always do it in a "this is what I heard" manner.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2006
  17. Marijuanair

Oh and more Mainesucks ownage, here are some articals for the other things you fucking bitched me out on: Aspirin in the ECA stack
    [SIZE=-1]"1. Ephedrine/Caffeine/Aspirin (E/C/A stack) [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]For most people this is the "cutting edge" supplement for fat loss and for a good reason. Many clinical researches have shown that the combination of these 3 ingredients together can help you lose the most fat pounds possible. I will explain briefly what is the main action of each one of them and also their "herbal" forms, since most supplement companies today prefer to put them all together in that form, because it seems to be safer than the original version."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]c) Aspirin [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]Aspirin contains Acetylsalicylic acid. It has been proven that in conjuction with Ephedra plus Caffeine, your fat loss process can get even greater."[/SIZE]

oh, and last, but not least:

[SIZE=-1]Finally, remember to always cycle Ephedrine since its the most important ingredient of the E/C/A stack. (So you should always cycle E/C/A)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jossup3.htm[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]I never for a second deny that I really dont know much about fitness/suppliments, but I'm learning... but apparently I'm not as stupid as you think I am.
    [/SIZE]

18. Ceaze

bodybuilding.com articles aren't reliable sources. Here's a peer reviewed scientific study:

Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 1996 Feb;20(2):91-7.

Post-prandial thermogenesis with ephedrine, caffeine and aspirin in lean, pre-disposed obese and obese women.

Horton TJ, Geissler CA.

Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, King's College, University of London, Kensington, UK.

OBJECTIVE: To determine whether or not aspirin further potentiates the greater post-prandial thermogenesis induced by ephedrine with caffeine.

DESIGN: Determination of the acute metabolic rate response to the following treatments: 1050 kJ liquid meal (M); meal plus ephedrine (30 mg) and caffeine (100 mg) (MEC) or meal plus ephedrine, caffeine and aspirin (300 mg) (MECA).

SUBJECTS: Lean, pre-disposed obese and obese women (n = 10 each group).

MEASUREMENTS: Pre- and post-treatment metabolic rate determinations via indirect calorimetry. Post-treatment measurements made at 20 min intervals for a total of 160 min.

RESULTS: In all groups, metabolic rate increased significantly more following the MEC or MECA, compared to the meal only (p < 0.05). The obese group had a significantly greater absolute increase in metabolic rate following the MECA and MEC compared to both the lean and pre-disposed obese groups (p < 0.05). Metabolic rate remained elevated at the end of the 160 min following all treatments.

CONCLUSION: Aspirin does not further potentiate the acute thermic effect of ephedrine and caffeine with a meal. Longer duration studies are necessary to confirm these results.

19. Marijuanair

NOT my point cleaze. The point was Mainesucks keeps getting penis hurt everytime I post something and I needed to defend myself.

Fitness is alot of opinions, for everyone that says one thing, there is someone who thinks the opposite, does that mean that either are wrong? maybe, maybe not. I am no nutritionist, I only know what I've read/been told, and I repost what I've been told. I never give advice, I'm careful on that.

20. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

you are a fucking moron

21. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

listen... its great that you want to come in here and contribute information to everyone. But you are just blindly regurgitating information without looking into its legitimacy. When challenged on it, you cite bodybuilding.com

people coming in and spitting out something they heard on TV or 'read somewhere' is one of the reasons myths are perpetuated. It doesn't take very long to varify information with credible sources.

22. Marijuanair

You're right... but the handful of things I said I either heard from my doctor (aparently it's a common mistake on the clen) or read in Muscle and Fitness mag, which seem to be credible sources :dunno:

Like I said, you cant really varify almost anything in the fitness and nutrition world, because everyone seems to say something differnent. Christ, the fucking FDA said that steroids were bullshit in the early 80's and 70's and said they didnt do anything :hsugh:

23. Sgt. Ownage

Sgt. Ownage you gon' be just fiiiine

yay 4 Heavy Motherfucking Airplanes

24. Ceaze

troll

25. grampositivecocci

grampositivecocci New Member

priceisright, fuck up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.