Interesting article I came across on Digg concerning LTR women - "have sex every day"

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by xpinchx, Jun 4, 2009.

1. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

Mainly about married/LTR women who have libido issues. It was an interesting read because most of the "dry spell" issues me and my SO have had (5 years, no breakups altho we've had issues) have been hard to deal with. Either she's not in the mood, I'm not being romantic enough, etc. Seems like an interesting theory to "just do it". Our relationship fits this article to a T, sporatic sex maybe twice a month, always saying "we should do this more often" but it's usually frustrating since she's pretty slow to finish and sometimes she gets sore before she can orgasm (or occasionally I can't last long enough but real talk, that doesn't happen very often.) Either way, how would I even go about suggesting something like this? I don't agree with everything said but I like the last paragraph (scheduling it every x days so we can be intimate without it always going to sex = no pressure)

Then again I know she doesn't like to expect it, when we didnt live together she didn't like how every time she came over we basically expected to do it. But the interesting thing about this article is that it basically doesn't have to be a sacred thing that is special every time. Nothing wrong with routine, especally if it brings a couple closer together. :dunno: amirite?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/men/article5598881.ece

p.s. I normally copy+paste articles but it's losing all the formatting when I copy it over so if someone could copy and paste it that'd be great.

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I've talked about this many times. It seems there have been numerous articles on the idea now from many different couples.

My fiance and I tried it once for fun and even though we have sex on the regular we were shocked that after every day for say 10 days we found ourselves really looking forward to the sex and trying all kinda of things we never tried before :dunno:

I couldn't recommend it more to couples that especially are going through a dry spell of sorts.

3. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

Very interesting... Since me and my SO aren't really into it on a regular basis (although things are picking up, I'm making an effort to be more romantic) how would I ever go about suggesting something like this?... "Hey let's try having sex every day for a couple weeks." For some reason I doubt that will fly.

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I'm a chick and I brought it up to me SO :dunno: It was as simple as "hey, I read this really interesting article today. It was about a couple who made a pact to have sex every day for a month. No breaks! They said that by the end of the month not only was their sex life better than ever and more spontaneous, but they actually felt more affectionate towards one another after wards. We should try it!"

That's almost exactly what I said. Now I know my SO is a guy so why wouldn't he be up for this idea....but as long as your gf isn't insecure about sex or something I don't see why she'd be offended.

5. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

interesting

6. Alaya

Alaya Active Member

I read in article in People of all magazines about that a few months back, only they did it for 100 days, and had been married for like 20 years and said it worked wonders. After the "100 days" was over, they settled back down to 2-4x a week and going strong, which was way up from maybe the once a month they were having.

Edit: I just found the article... I was wrong on some of my facts but had the general gist, it had been awhile since I read it. Did 101 days, said it worked great, and then averaged back down to 6-8x a month after it was over.

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20214224,00.html

Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  7. Deborah

Deborah Seeing is believing, but I don't want to know.

very interesting. I never thought the idea of "just doing it" would be a good one.

8. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

I've always had this mentality. Never understood anyone who wouldn't have sex on a day where they are not uber stressed/tired/busy.

Ive never had a girlfriend complain either. I am very conscious of making sure its a sensually and emotionally, as well as sexually, pleasurable ritual for her as well.

9. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

You try telling my gf to "just do it" everyday. :rofl:

10. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

That's a really interesting article and I can actually completely see it working and doing wonders. The problem with a low libido is that out of sight out of mind, your brain and body works in such a way that if you continuously form a pattern, your brain / hormones and all the rest, will uphold that pattern.

if you perform sex daily, you will think about it more, build a natural rapport with your lover and begin to enjoy, self fulfilling prophecy.

Cool

11. Abomb

Abomb New Member

my 2 cents on the issue to encourage daily sex

1. make out with your girlfriend, often. this alone usually gets her in the mood. have a competition and see who can get whos tongue farther down the other persons throat.

2. just move on into your girlfriend and start rubbing/massaging her. transition this into kissing on her neck/shoulders. some girls love having their feet rubbed down. if your woman's feet dont stink, i highly recommend this.

3. shower together and rub and kiss on her / wash her.

4. eat that pretty little hatchet wound.. always fun to transition to 69 from here

if this doesnt work you may have much larger problems to deal with.. its all about both parties making an effort in a LTR imo and to change it up whenever viable

12. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

like beer said, bring up that you read the article. preface it as something fun to try with her to see how it works. you might be shocked by her response

13. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

That sounds horrible and would turn me off, and I'm not even a girl :dunno:

14. Abomb

Abomb New Member

yeah well i also love to lick ass and have my ass licked too so what does that say about the entire thing?

15. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

that it's not something you should suggest the average couple try? :o

16. Abomb

Abomb New Member

ever since i made out with an italian chick ive been quite fond of tonsil hockey

17. Nucleartiger

Nucleartiger Clemson makes my nipples hard

Otherwise I can just see her laughing at the thought of following something like this.

18. Abomb

Abomb New Member

maybe you and her are not sexually compatible? the gf and i have sex about 6-7 days a week and we've been dating over 2 years now :dunno:

19. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

your wife sounds like shes not into you

20. Abomb

Abomb New Member

. :sad2:

21. Nucleartiger

That is certainly the way that it feels.

22. Deborah

Deborah Seeing is believing, but I don't want to know.

or she has lower sex drive. I don't think it is always the case of not being into someone. If that was the case then none of my boy friends were into me, because I got rejected a good number of times :rofl::ugh::wtc: maybe because I asked for more than they could give at those times.

It might be in his case that she knows that kissing and doing other foreplay means he wants sex eventually so she tries to prevent sex by not doing them.

23. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

go see a counsellor. Seriously. Because your marriage isn't a marriage as it is right now, and you need to find out if its worth salvaging or scrapping it and finding someone who is into you

24. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

if your wife pushes you away when you try to kiss her, then you have severe problems.

And part of the marital duty to eachother is to have sex with eachother

25. Nucleartiger

She did go to see a counselor and the counselor ended up telling her to tell me that it is just a case of her not wanting sex period right now but for me to hang in there that when my wife hits her 40s I will happy that I was understanding. btw the wife was only 29 when the counselor told her that 2 years ago.