Interested?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by mkrt31, Apr 23, 2009.

1. mkrt31

mkrt31 New Member

So, I meet this girl in the computer lab on campus. Great conversation, great flirting, etc. She asks if I'll walk her to class and I say I'll walk half way because I have to get to my own class. I end up walking her all the way to hers, but use it to playfully get her number. She asks if I want to do anything that night and I say I can't (it's a wednesday) and that Friday and Saturday also don't work, but thursday should. So she says to think of something fun to do and call her. Ok, so I'm good to go.

Thursday rolls around and I'm actually pretty sick so I text her that we'll have to take a rain date next week. She replies something like 'Aww, hope you feel better, but definitely count me in for next week. Call me when you're free.' Ok so again, I'm good to go.

Next week rolls around, wednesday again, and I see her in the computer lab. More flirting, joking around etc. We decide to do something that night, but she says she has to get out of something she had planned before. So i call her that night and ask if she was successful at getting out of it and she says yeah, but can I call you right back (she was driving). 2 hours go by and she never called so I said fuck it. She texts me in the morning appologizing. Apparently she fell asleep really early...

Then yesterday comes around and I give her a call, but she's in class so she tells me to text her. I say something like 'you and me tonight. I will be on south campus (where she lives) already, i can come get you at 8.' She responds 'mmm i like the assertion haha. I would love to, but I have plans to watch Lost with some people tonight. Can I come over after?' Ok, so I'm good to go for the third time.

10:00 rolls around and she texts me, 'still waiting for a few friends to get here to say hi to them, i'll keep you posted.' Gets to be 12:30 and still nothing so I call her and no response.

And so it would seem she is really interested, but just sucks at communication? I don't know. I was thinking about sending her a text to break her balls like 'Damn, ____, you officially suck at this getting together thing,' but I might just wait to tease her in person. I figure I'll give it one more shot if it she fails again then it's her loss.

2. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

giving her another shot is way too generous... she's not really interested, she's just keeping you around as an option

3. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

Move on. Even if she is interested, she is obviously not serious about it. I would say she 100% has other men in her life that are higher priority than you. In fact, if I had to make a blind guess, I would say she has men in her life that she's not completely happy with and so she's using your flirtations to make her feel better. Again that is just a stab in the dark though.

4. Vysion

Vysion New Member

She's flakey.

5. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

my philosophy [with pretty much every type of relationship, not just romantic relationships]? 3 strikes, you're out!

in your defense, it's technically only been 2 strikes. i can save you the hassle of trying one more time and just tell you that she's just not that into you.

6. Reign

Reign Banned

I wouldn't say any of that. It actually kinda sounds like since you blew her off a couple of times she's paying you back. I mean... yeah, shit happens. You got sick, had plans. She fell asleep early... blah blah blah.

Why don't you make plans you know won't get interupted.

Although if she hasn't hung out with you before, and said she'd come over after she was done watching Lost with her friends, it sounds like she might just wanna be fuck buddies. Maybe you're cool with that, I dunno.

7. Vysion

Vysion New Member

Agreed.

8. mkrt31

mkrt31 New Member

Yeah I'd be down with that, it's kind of what I thought she was after anyway. I don't think it's a lost cause yet, maybe I'll just call her up this weekend when we're both drunk and tell her to come over, haha.

9. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

Read EVERYTHING that has been said in this thread, and then take the opposite of that.

And that's what I think.

10. Reign

Reign Banned

If you're kinda of an asshole and want to know for sure (and don't care whether or not you drop her or not)... call her up and say "Hey... wanna come over, get drunk and fuck like animals this weekend?"

You could even turn it into a "joke" and just gauge her reaction.

I wouldn't recommmend that though. If you have even the slightest interest in this girl beyond sex, that is not a smart thing to say.

11. mkrt31

mkrt31 New Member

Hmm, well there have been a variety of opinions throughout. What do you think?

12. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I don't think you should give up hope...but if I were you I'd just back off until she contacts you or you can playfully tease her at your next class.

13. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

won't ditch watching a television show to spend time with you = low interest or intentional game playing

14. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

also you could have made fun of her for using the word "assertion" incorrectly

15. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:rofl: I was thinking the same thing

16. mkrt31

mkrt31 New Member

yeah, in hindsight, when she brought that up I'm pretty sure that was her way of telling me to ask her to watch it with me instead. (sorry, a lot of pronouns there)

:rofl: and yeah I thought about making a crack about the assertiveness comment but I decided against it

17. tb2883

tb2883 New Member

Sounds like she is just keeping you on the side.
    she probably is not that interested.