Interested in someone, need some clarification...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Squishee, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Squishee

Squishee New Member

Ok, so here's the story. There's this chick in one of my classes who I really like. She's beautiful, funny, intelligent, friendly, cute, and overall really, really cool to talk to. Anyways, from the get, anytime I would look over she'd always be staring at me. Eventually we became lab partners and such. I've chit-chatted with her and she has with me for the past few weeks.

Anyways, the other day, she go: "Hey, your full first name is ________." And I respond with, "yea, it is." She goes: "Ahhh, that's my boyfriend's name!" I'm way past the "pussified" state or whatever you want to call it so I basically was like, "oh, yea? That's cool." Anyways, we continue with class and she talks with some of the other girls and she says her and her boyfriend have been going out for 3 years. Anyways, later in the class she asks me for my myspace and I give it to her and she adds me.

Now here is where it gets confusing. Oh her myspace, it says she's single. Further, it doesn't really seem like she's going out with her "boyfriend." She's got like a few hundred pics on there and not a single one with the guy. Plus, the dude looks like a complete fucking TOOL. Now, I know people can sometimes mess up with the info they post on their myspace but it seems like if the chick is going out with a guy for 3 years it would be right.

I plan on asking the girl what's the deal the next time I see her but it sucks cause I don't see her until next week and I don't want to do it online (cause that seems really pussy). Anyways, can someone make light of all this? Is this chick just playing head games or what?

2. Horror

Horror Guest

Don't ask what the deal is, just ask her on a date. Some girls test guys, for some stupid reason, by saying boyfriend.

3. Squishee

Squishee New Member

Yea dude, I think you're right. I'm almost 100% sure she doesn't have a boyfriend. The thing is though, maybe she was sending me a message that she's taken even though I haven't even advanced on her at all. Although, she wasn't talking to me when she told the other chicks she has been dating the guy for 3 years. In any case, it's really odd that she would lie about something like that considering she doesn't seem like the person that would do that kind of thing (she's not a typical American, SoCal trick).

I think you're right though.

4. Horror

Horror Guest

I know I'm right. If you bring it up, she'll take it as a bad thing and won't be interested. Worst comes to worse is you definitely find out she's taken - then you shouldn't feel bad and can move on.

5. Squishee

Squishee New Member

Ahhhhh, I see. So it's like a whole confidence thing? Like, she's seeing if I have the balls to ask her out even though she told me she has a boyfriend?

WTF? :eek3: Girls are evil.

6. Horror

Horror Guest

I think girls are retarded, yes, but it helps them filter. I never had a girl do it to me personally, but I know of others. Girls gave me their number once without mentoining a boyfriend, strung me along for a week or so until I found out, then I found out. Didn't feel bad at all.

7. Squishee

Squishee New Member

Word. Makes sense. Fucking aye though, chicks always make things more difficult than they should be. Anyways, thanks.

8. SHIFT_blue

SHIFT_blue OT Supporter

I asked a girl why she was testing me, then she asked me why I was failing :(.

9. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

So she dated a TOOL and lied about it. So are you sure about that? :mamoru:

10. what the hell is going on in here?

she lied about having a bf... to some girls she was talking to... to test him?

could it be possible that she is w. her bf but maybe she is one of those immature girls that any time there's a fight they update their fucking myspace to show her single, just to piss off the bf?

maybe her and her bf have been down hill for a bit. thats why she is so interested in you.

this boils down to your morals. do you feel comfortable asking a girl out that has a bf?

also what year of college are you two in? maybe she's been dating this guy since HS, and as normal, now that she is in college she is looking to date around and see what else is out there.

be patient and ask her out to dinner/lunch/coffee/whatever next time and see where that takes you.

11. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Sounds like her and the bf are on and off. I highly doubt she'd not only tell you, but also tell other girls in the class that she has a boyfriend to "test you." That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

If you really care that much just say in a cocky/confident way next time in class "so how come your bf doesn't seem to exist on your Myspace? You two on the rocks?"

12. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

lying about having a boyfriend to test you is bullshit.

if anything, she lied about having a boyfriend because she doesnt like you and doesnt want you hitting on her or asking her out.

13. Vysion

Vysion New Member

Girls lie about having boyfriends for many different reasons. Even if it is true that she has a boyfriend, most girls are unhappy in thier current relationship and they only keep their boyfriend around so they don't have to be alone. But as soon as someone better and new comes along that shows enough interest in her, she is out the door.

You shouldn't be worried about being her boyfriend anyways. You should be concerned with hanging out with her and increasing the attraction. Is there a party you could invite her to? Or some place you like to go and hangout at?

14. Squishee

Squishee New Member

Well, the guy is a fat, ugly slug. I don't know wtf she's thinking. Typical SoCal girls date the badass guy, this guy is the complete opposite.

Well, I can tell you that she is definitely not the type of chick that freaks out and updates her myspace saying she's single. The reason why I don't think they were going out is because she has like 1 picture with her supposed boyfriend and i doesn't even look like they're going out. Usually, a guy will go "Love ya babe" or something or another, there is nothing even remotely close to that on her space. I'm 20, she's 21. We're both on our 3rd year. I don't feel comfortable asking her out if she has a bf, maybe if I get to know her better.

True, I was thinking that. The thing is though, bringing up Myspace in real-life seems so corny to me, I'm almost embarrassed to say it. I think I'll ask in a cocky/confident way the next time I see her if she wants to go out.

That's exactly what I initially thought.

WORD. Well, I am turning 21 very soon so maybe I can invite her to a party or something and get a "special birthday present." :naughty: