Interested in getting an iBook

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Burns45678, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Burns45678

Burns45678 New Member

Hi all, well im gonna be going off to college in 2 years and i wanted to get a mac for work purposes.(windows is just too unreliable) I want to get it now so when im off to college im not completly lost in a new os, but my major consern is, do some colleges tell you you need to have windows?

ive had multiple people warn me that that might happen(even without proof themselves)

(just incase it makes a difference im planning on heading on over to rutgers)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2005
  2. zackflavored

zackflavored KingShit's Post #55!

virtual PC solves that problem easy though. but just telling you although iBooks are sweet as fuck, the Powerbook is where its at, like if you want to change to mac, definitely get something thats worth it. in my opinion, you can get an iMac for the cool looks and an iBook for a cool laptop, but they still have the same power and sufficiencies as Windows/PCs. now if you were to change to a mac, get a Powermac G5 or a Powerbook. Now THOSE are upgrades, they come with all the power/cool features you'll need, plenty of USB, everything. light up keyboard + the works. anyways thats just my stupid opinion but good luck on your search man!

3. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

depending on your major, you may need windows to run certain software but for the most part, i've never had to have a windows machine in the past 3 years of being in college. Go for it!

4. jabbadeznuts

jabbadeznuts ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:werd:

Everything I need (I'm a CS major) can run on a Mac. Go for it.

5. Burns45678

Burns45678 New Member

well you see i already have a computer i use as a gaming beast, i wanted somthing that would work and work well for all things other than games i dont think i need to have a workhorse powerbook, thats why im looking at an ibook, also funds are stetched kinda thin so if i buy a more expensive ibook compaired to the cheap powerbook i get more bang for my buck IMO.

6. MrBucket

MrBucket OT Supporter

Go for the power book, the screen is much higher quality and overall its nicer.

7. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

i always suggest the powerbook but the ibook will be fine.