Interested in a Direct3D game programming tutorial?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by CodeX, Oct 23, 2006.

1. CodeX

CodeX Guest

I make games using D3D 9. I have a few at my website you can see here, but I have many more... "proof of concepts" you could say... on my harddrive. I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in learning how to do this. I use straight C++ (none of that VB, C#, or .net shit). I have a custom library written that makes it very easy to set up a 2D game using Direct3D 9 graphics acceleration and effects. I say 2D game because even though it uses D3D to do the drawing, I only have experience making 2D games. If there is enough interested I might get started on this. You would need basic C++ experience as I am not going to teach the language, but I would teach the use of the D3D API, and the necessary parts of the Win32 API. Let me know if you have any questions or if you would like to see this happen.

2. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

If only you had experience building 3D games. I have an RTS design that I want to implement.

3. CodeX

CodeX Guest

The problem with 3D games is that I am no artist. Its hard enough making simplistic 2D graphics but trying to make any decent 3D model is far beyond my capabilities and there aren't enough free ones to make any games out of.

4. SLED

SLED build an idiot proof device and someone else will

blender, 3ds max, solid works, etc are your friend

5. CodeX

CodeX Guest

I have Maya 6 complete and 3D Studio Max. Software is not the problem, talent is.