MIL Inter-service transfers

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by mikeflys1, Jul 6, 2005.

1. mikeflys1

mikeflys1 New Member

Has anyone here done it? Im currently in the army guard and was thinking of going into the air guard. They just have more tech jobs and thats definately more inline with what i want to do. Would it be easier to try and do it now or after I ETS in 6 months?

2. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

It's probably best to contact an air national guard recruiter directly as soon as possible before your ETS date. Please post back with any details they give you! :x:

3. pakman

pakman New Member

I was in the process of getting a conditional release from the Army Guard into the Air Guard before I deployed. After my unit commander signed it, I got a call from my readiness NCO, asking if I wanted to transfer to another unit preparing for Iraq. I had told him a few months earlier either find me a unit going to Iraq or let me go Air. I canceled the conditional release and here I am. So yes, it's possible but definitely contact a recruiter before you ETS.

4. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

If there is a open slot in a Air Guard unit, there is no reason you can't join the unit.

5. Accord

Accord New Member

They're still recruiting, it's just they're only taking the most highly qualified people and many get turned away.