Intelligence?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by cypher526, Feb 2, 2006.

1. cypher526

cypher526 New Member

Here is the story; in my dorm i have become know as the house drunk because i always look tired which makes them think i am always drunk or stoned. I do drink but not enough to become the house drunk. Today i was talking with some of my dorm mates and about half the girls dont know what a commie is and they have no idea who fidel castro.

So sometimes i dumb down my intelligence to make other people feel comfortable. There are a couple girls always talking about guys on football or baseball teams.

1. Would most girls rather have a guy that is intelligant and decent looking?(as opposed to a six packed dumbass who just talks about the 10 dollar 30 packs in walmart
    2. What would be the best way to show everyone that i am intelligant with out trying to say i am better than them? (Dont wanna lose any friendships cause of people feeling short handed)

2. cypher526

cypher526 New Member

this is all probably rambling cause i am just trying to get out rage.

3. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Don't dumb yourself down for dumb women. Find some smarter women to hang out with. Sure, that may limit your friends, but being smart is a good thing. If you're smarter than everyone else, you don't have to say anything. Especially, don't insult or belittle people. Make a joke instead, turn it into flirting with women, such as "Oh my god, you don't know who Fidel Castro is? Look, I think you and I need to do some IN DEPTH and HARDCODE studying together, and I can teach you a thing or two about it. Give me your number, I'll call you, we'll go discuss it over some drinks." Of course, that's the last thing you want to talk about on a date, but it's an opener to getting her number ... if you do it with a smile and are cool about it. ;)

4. NCS

NCS Active Member

dont ever dumb yourself down, intelligence is never a disadvantage

5. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

intelligence and knowledge are to different things...

dumbing down yourself shows LACK of intelligence.

Most women want an intelligent man, someone with a future. Most girls don't have a clue what they want. Don't change anything about yourself to get the attention of others, its not worth it in the end.

And there is no best way to show intelligence, it is noticed by those around you. If you want to "act" more intelligent, eventually people will see through your act and you will just look like a fool.

6. Miss Red

Miss Red New Member

:werd: Anyone that doesn't accept you for who you honestly are is not worth your time. You're in college because of your intelligence. "Dumbing down is not only cowardly, but fake. It may take a while, but wait it out for the woman who does accept all of you. You'll be happier.

7. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

intelligence ftw!

the guys that i've dated have always had something to bring to the table: their intelligence. all of them were knowledgeable in some particular area, such as cars, computers, etc. i absolutely LOVE learning new things. a guy that explains something i have no clue about, turns me on. :o

i could care less in which subject their intelligence/passion lies, as long as they are knowledgeable in every day life.

to keep me interested, a guy has to be able to hold a conversation. i can find eye candy and a six pack in a magazine. ;)

8. KuntryFresh

KuntryFresh Midwest

tha guy on made said that you shouldny flaunt your intelligence by using big words and what not that normal people might not get all the time.

i would say speak with confidence, let your intelligence show but not in a cocky way where people might think youre giving off the idea that they are dumbasses for not getting you.

i know alot of girls who find intelligence sexy

9. Solus Emsu

Solus Emsu ****** U N R A T E D ! ****** -----THAT'S HOW I RO

Ok, when it comes to this, find a good middle ground.
    Don't come off as a big dumb ogre that walks around going "Uh! Beer. GOOD!! ",
    but don't come off as a computer genius or rocket scientist that spouts out random triva to try to impress a girl either.

Come off as a guy who can actually get into a normal conversation and have something to add to it, but don't go overboard.

Basically, when it comes to this, be normal.

10. marauder

marauder New Member

Well did it did it occur to you they mightn’t care what a commie is or who fidel castro is.
    Also it would depend on how you brought commies ect. into the conversation if you just start randomly talking about that just for the sake of talking I don’t think you will find the response you were looking for.

:hahano:Well just act yourself!! If you’re a dumbass it will show if you’re intelligent it will also show through.

Is that how you feel? Are you trying to show that you’re more intelligent to show that? Well my friend if you’re trying to do that you won't have many friends.
    ONE last time be your self!!! Don’t dumb down how knowledgeable you may be about a particular topic just don’t be a smart ass about it.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2006
  11. The Secretary

The Secretary My domestic skills will rock your socks off!

Please dont dumb yourself down. I love intelligent men. Intelligence is very sexy whether it be genetic or worked for ( I prefer worked for). Intelligent people have a better chance of making good decisions becuase they are informed.

Unfortunately most college kids cant tell you who the vice president is. There was a study done Ill have to go and find it, that about 60% of college students cant balance a checkbook. Its not rocket science 6-5 is still 1. But then agian they may be going to school so they can pay someone else to do their books for them only to have their retirement taken away becuase their bookkeeper took it. So dont feel bad your just experiencing normal ignorance.

12. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

Goes for pretty much everything.

13. lauren

lauren Active Member

i cant speak for most girls, but i prefer brains over brawn.

if you are really intelligent, it will be apparent in your everyday behavoir. no need to do anything special, or try to let it be known.

14. scaryice

scaryice New Member

1. If the girl's smart, then you have have some great conversations.

2. If the girl's dumb, then you can just use that to tease her.

Win-win situation.

15. erobbins

erobbins Active Member

I don't know about girls, but I greatly prefer a smart girl to a dumb girl.. the dumb ones are only good for one thing :o

16. Solus Emsu

I disagree, but that is a different subject.

17. Green_lightning

Green_lightning Member

:werd:

18. Bruticus

May be a little offtopic but do you care to elaborate?

I can understand if you are normally shy you may want to be more outgoing compared to your 'normal' but much beyond that I can't really think of any at the moment.

19. Solus Emsu

Ok. Maybe normal isn't the word. Maybe average is the word.
    For one guy "normal" could be spouting out random trivia for him.
    Another guy it would be very stupid.

Being an average Joe, is not going to get you noticed. But when it comes to intelligence, being converstational, but not annoyingly a know-it-all would be best.

20. Bruticus

Ok I'll grant that, know-it-all types are just annoying :)