***Intel Core 2 Duo***

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by rodman8600, Oct 19, 2006.

1. rodman8600

rodman8600 OT Supporter

I want some feedback on some computer savy people. I want to get a new laptop with this new processor, but I've read that the with the new core 2 duo, the difference can only be seen if you get the T7200 4MB Cache 2.00GHz 667MHz FSB rather than the basic 2MB Cache 1.83GHz 667MHz FSB. I'm interested in the Dell Inspiron E1405, because it's battery life is great and pretty lightweight at 6lbs. Give me some feedback if anyone has any experience with this new processor.

Oh and also one more thing. If I were to upgrade to the 9-cell battery instead of the 6-cell, how much heavier would that laptop be?

TIA

2. ady

ady New Member

I'm not sure what difference you are refering too, but it's unlikely you would be able to really tell the difference between the two for general use. What exactly are you going to be using it for? I mean if you are going to be gaming and running lots of processor intensive applications all day long then for $60 it might be worth the upgrade. Don't forget that the original core duo 1.66 Ghz chips beat out the fastest 2.4Ghz Pentium M's and most people currently upgrading laptops didn't have anywhere near that or need it.

Battery weight difference is probably less than a 1/3 of a lb. Dell don't list the actual weight for that model battery on the site like they do for others though.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2006
  3. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Unless you are gaming or designing 3D art or something else that requires a lot of CPU power, you prolly won't notice any difference. Simply surfing the web, viewing emails, writing papers, using the MS Office applications and those sorts of things can all be done on that system and will provide adequate performance.

4. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

going from 1mb to core to 2mb per core will yield a fairly large difference. I'd do it for sure.