Intel Application Accelerator? Question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ChrisX22, Mar 14, 2005.

1. ChrisX22

ChrisX22 Guest

Is the INtel application accelerator really worth it? I had it installed, and reformatted to install XP Pro. (had XP Home)

After talkign with dell it turns out I had to change my SATA operation configuration in the bios in order to get XP Pro to detect the hard drive.

Now I cannot get Intel Application accelerator to install. AFter reading Intel's website, there is a way to press F6 while in windows setup, to install the drivers from a floppy. Problem is, I don't have a floppy drive in my comp, so it would require me installing a floppy just to get it to work, plus reinstalling everything all over again.

Is it really worth it? I have a 3.2 Ghz dell with a 80 GB 7200 rpm SATA hard drive.

Or is there a way around having to use the floppy? LIke a USB drive?

I"d like to have this installed, but if it doesn't make THAT big of a difference, then I won't go through the trouble.

2. Sonar_un

Sonar_un Prowler Orange

It won't make any difference. Don't install it, you will be better off. However, do make sure that you at least install the Intel chipset drivers. Those are different from the "application accelerator". The chipset drivers WILL make your system run better.

http://www.intel.com/design/software/drivers/platform/inf.htm

3. ChrisX22

ChrisX22 Guest

I"m pretty sure I already installed the chipset drivers, it just would not let me install application accelerator.
    If you say it's not worth it then I won't go thorugh the hassle. I don't feel like transferring a floppy drive just to install it.

At least I finally got XP Pro installed