integral/integration math equations in c++

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by FalconXtreme, Oct 9, 2006.

1. FalconXtreme

FalconXtreme w3rd

hey so i'm helping a friend with a c++ program. the program has to determine thrust and torque of a propeller blade. in order to get those values u have to use integral math equations. how do u do those in c++? is there an open source class i can find that will let me do it? i am totally lost on how do this portion. i've already tried cmath. help!

2. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Wow. You want a library that can parse hand-typed math equations, solve them, and perform calculus on them? That's a tall order; I doubt there's anything like that for free, though if there is, your best bet is to look on SourceForge. Good luck getting your prof to approve of using someone else's code.

Wouldn't it just be easier to take the formula to calculate thrust, derive it by hand to find the fomula for torque, and hard-code the derivative into the program? Or, if you don't know the formula for thrust, then you could integrate the torque formula by hand instead. What you're asking for is a language interpreter (like the Java Virtual Machine, for example); it has to be easier to halfass it and still get a decent grade. I doubt the prof even knows calculus, anyway.

3. GOGZILLA

GOGZILLA Double-Uranium Member

you know the equations youre going to use right? the user would just have to enter certain coefficients or other constants for certain cases?

4. Sexual Vanilla

Sexual Vanilla New Member

Damn...what level of a computer course is the assignment required for?

5. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

I googled integrals in C++ and got some responses that might help.

This one does an integral for the sin function but it requires you to register to get access to the library. You will prolly need to d/l a library to handle this then just include it in your program. I'll let you look for all that tho
    http://www.codecogs.com/d-ox/maths/special/sine_power_integral.php

This next link is a book you might be interested in.
    http://www.cambridge.org/uk/catalogue/catalogue.asp?isbn=0521750334

Sorry...to tired to search anymore.

6. piratepenguin

piratepenguin New Member