Intake questions...

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by 4W4K3, May 23, 2007.

1. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

1.Will going from the stock airbox to a VERY short CAI kill my MAF sensor?
    I put my filter DIRECTLY on the AFM, and the AFM is attached directly to the TB via a 3" coupler (~4" long). So compared to the huge stock airbox, it's practically Ram-Air.

2. Will installing my IAC "sensor" BEFORE the AFM cause my car to run like shit when idling with the A/C on?

I installed the IAC BEFORE the AFM without thinking. When I'm driving with the A/C on...no problems at all. When I'm stopped with the A/C on, it runs like shit and sometimes dies. Will relocating it back behind the AFM fix this? Because if it doesn't, I'm stumped as to why it now idles like shit with the A/C on.

Stock...
    [​IMG]

Now...
    [​IMG]

2. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

Some of my owrding is wrong. It's part of the A/C idle-up circuit, nto the actual IAC sensor.

3. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

FIXED IT! Bought some vacuum hose and moved the idle-up inbetween my AFM and TB, now it idles just fine with the A/C on full blast. Didn't know it made that much of a difference!

And I read using a shorter intake with more airflow should be fine as long as you run a filter and it's not letting crap in to gunk up the MAF. Which is what I figured...my friend must have just been jealous of my awesome intake! Bwahahahaha!

4. gsexyCorrado

gsexyCorrado New Member

thats fine, i had the same set up on my mk1 deuce also.

5. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

Hooray for the MKI'S! I burned up so much gas today...but it was fun to hear it roaring behind me. Past 4,500RPM's it really is noticably louder, I like it.