A&P Insuring your gear?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by SenenCito, Jun 19, 2006.

1. SenenCito

SenenCito OT Supporter

I had the experience of having someone try to rob my camera bag with allmy gear while I was in culebra a few months ago, and it left me thinking, IF I got my gear robbed there is no way in hell I could reinvest another 6k in replacing all my gear, so im looking at getting it insured.

Anyone here have any experience insuring your gear (camera + lenses + flashes, hell even bags)?

2. Derrict

Derrict No, I am not Amish OT Supporter

It depends on how much you want to insure but if you have $6000+ worth of gear, expect to pay about $100-250 USD annually. It'll vary depending on what type of homeowners/car insurance you have now since you can piggyback and get some discounts.

3. mojito

mojito New Member

at the moment I have just a basic personal articles policy from state farm. it covers all my gear, laptop etc, anything that leaves my house. Somewhere in the ~15k range, and its ~250/yr. Might have been a little more, can't remember. Total was 450 with a renters insurance policy and wedding ring coverage.

but I'm moving to Tom Picards Group Insure, its a little more, like 550 a year, but covers a whole hell of a lot more. Including liability if you knock over a strobe and burn a church down or someone trips over your tripod etc, and covers business losses like reshoots or lost images or whatever. Its a full business insurance.

4. SenenCito

SenenCito OT Supporter

thats not bad at all..totally worth it for some peace of mind.

5. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

:werd:

i'd pay 10-20/mth to protect my 3k in camera equipment

6. SenenCito

SenenCito OT Supporter

Now that one is a bit more expensive..dont thik I need something like that yet

7. joy division

joy division New Member

I almost knocked this guy the fuck out on the subway in paris after he touched/pushed my bag. It was me and 3 big americans in this little guys face, I was freaking out and yelling right in his face...luckily my camera back zippers are locked together :joshers:

Ask /search for this on fredmiranda, just post in the pro digital corner- alot of guys there go with a few different groups.

8. LEXTC

LEXTC Guest

I thought you were just sketchy towards me because I'm an 05. I guess you're just a very edgy individual. Good luck! :bigthumb: