A&P Insurance for your gear?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by ZCP M3, Jul 13, 2007.

1. ZCP M3

ZCP M3 Active Member

Does anyone have insurance for all their camera equipment? More importantly, how would you insure $10-12k worth of gear for traveling and a vacation?

2. e.pie

e.pie Active Member

all of my gear is covered under my renters insurance, I have 15k worth of coverage for something like $200 a year

I asked if it had to be in the house to be covered and they said no, it could be in the back of a car, a hotel room, anywhere

3. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

You can get special riders to your homeowners or renters insurance to cover camera gear. It will cover you away from home and is an extra cost, usually only a few hundred a year depending on how much like erotic pie said.

The only caveat is that it must be used to make any money. If you use it in any kind of a business sense, it will not be covered and you will be out of luck. You'll need a special separate policy if you use it for business in any way. I use www.groupinsure.com for my business camera insurance and have $30k worth of gear, $5k worth of computers and also liability insurance as well for about $700/year.