Insulin shots????

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by PharCyde, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PharCyde

PharCyde New Member

Friend of mine that has been lifting for years, done a few cycles, says he is now taking insulin (not a diabetic) and is putting on some decent weight.

I've never heard of this :confused: What's the deal. Doesn't it just regulate sugar?

Last edited: May 26, 2005
  2. pt

pt New Member

3. Mass

Mass Active Member

insulin is the most anabolic hormone in your body

4. SteveO

SteveO Guest

I don't think your pancreas is gonna shut down from 1 shot a day

5. GilgaMesH

GilgaMesH Active Member

You can go into a coma and die if you don't do that shit correctly :noes:

6. SteveO

SteveO Guest

yeah it's not something inexperienced people and people who are not very smart and have access to glucose monitors and shit should be using

7. PharCyde

PharCyde New Member

He said something along the lines of, if you get 10 gms of sugar for every iu you'll be fine

8. pop

pop New Member

where can you get it??

it says at the bottom that you should suppliment insulin when on juice right?

9. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

Insulin is something that, unless closely monitored by someone who knows exactly what they are doing, can be extremely dangerous.

10. ~stangzorized~

~stangzorized~ New Member

Insulin is a hormone secreted by the beta cells of the pancreas that controls the metabolism and cellular uptake of sugars, proteins, and fats. As a drug, it is used principally to control diabetes.

Insulin has been called "Anabolicus Maximus" by some gurus of the bodybuilding world. Insulin can give you greater gains than you have ever had using anabolics alone. Insulin, in combination with androgens and resistance exercise, may trigger maturation of satellite muscle cells (small, more or less useless cells that are held in reserve, which do not contribute to muscular strength) into mature muscle cells that do contribute to muscular size and strength. Hyperinsulinemia has been shown to stimulate protein synthesis in isolated limb infusion experiments , these anabolic properties seem to be the result of insulin binding to IGF-1 receptors.

11. ~stangzorized~

Humulin R is over the counter (OTC) just about everywhere. Humulog is new and is still a prescription drug is some places. BUT... Insulin is NOT a controlled substance and will not be confiscated by customs or postal inspectors so order it online if you cant get it locally. Its legal.

12. ~stangzorized~

You should immediately take a carbohydrate AND protein drink after taking you're insulin. Even experienced insulin users can get a surprise now and then.
    Eat a meal at about an hour after using insulin. Consume another small high protein medium carb low fat meal at 2.5 hours after the injection. keep some gatoraid on hand just to make sure. Remember that insulin can still work much later so be careful and eat if you feel hypoglycemia symptoms.

Some people recommend a zero fat intake for 4 hours after taking insulin. I do not disagree with this. But if your bulking you can be a little relaxed on this. But high fat intake after taking insulin can lead to high body fat.
    The carb/protein drink taken after the insulin shot should contain AT LEAST 10 grams of carbs and 5 grams of quality protein per IU of insulin injected with little or no fat(creatine taken in this drink is optional but works great). Before an hour passes you should eat a normal balanced meal(high protein low fat with carbs). At 2.5 hours after the injection you should Consume a small meal. keep some gatoraid on hand just to make sure. Remember that insulin can still work much later so be careful and eat if you feel hypoglycemia symptoms.

13. Natezilla

Natezilla Ain't nothin' but a peanut.

My girlfriend is diabetic so I could get a hold of it easy. I actually have some sitting on my desk right now. But like many people said, without very close monitering and being very knowledgable you can really fuck yourself up.

14. Mass

Mass Active Member

the only problem with insulin use, is that there is a small notion going around the bb'ing community that it will also feed cancer cells and make them spread more rapidly... and insulin can be bought OTC, but you want to get the short acting insulin which I think is humalog, so you can prepare for the spike easier.

15. Mass

Mass Active Member

Also, you want to start at 3-4 iu's and slowly work up to about 10 iu's, no one really needs to go above that.

16. milani

milani "The best activities for your health are pumping a

the "R" in Humulin R means that it is regular insulin, meaning that it is short acting. NPH usually means that it is long acting...

17. PurEvl

PurEvl going out gassed and not half assed...

holy crap NO!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.