Installing Leopard over Tiger

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by apollojw, Aug 14, 2008.

1. apollojw

apollojw New Member

Question, a friend wants to upgrade to tiger from leopard and i told him i would do it, but i want to make sure i do it right. How would i go about this? Thanks.

2. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

uhh, which do you mean. Your two statements conflict each other.
    Does he have Tiger (10.4) now and wants to upgrade to Leopard (10.5)? If so just perform the upgrade, it really isn't hard. If he wants to downgrade to Tiger (why the fuck would anyone do that) you'll need to do an erase and install.

3. apollojw

apollojw New Member

haha my bad... no he wants to upgrade to leopard from tiger... i was trying to say it differently and it came out wrong. and thanks. so i just need upgrade disks right? thats what i thought but i wanted to make sure there wasnt some other crazy small step that i would miss.

4. MaK10

MaK10 OT Supporter

you need the retail discs, you can't just use one that came with a new computer, it wont work.

Also, if you use any sort of program from unsanity (clear dock, etc) make sure you update the application enhancer to the latest version before doing the upgrade, otherwise the install will hang. And yeah, I would recommend backing up your important stuff just in case.

I just did the upgrade last week and had no problems with it.