Installing from a CVS tree

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Muchacho_Gasolino, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Muchacho_Gasolino

Muchacho_Gasolino New Member

so I got wine to recognize my keyboard, but then when i tried to run the world of warcraft installer it was giving me errors on every button I clicked, I dont think it liked the code very much
    and so i looked around for a while and found that most people were reporting that TransGaming's Cedega product supports world of warcraft pretty well, and so does its free open source version WineX, accessible at This cvs tree. My problem is that I have no idea how to work this CVS thing. I downloaded the latest client from cvshome.org and googled some tutorials and looked at cvshome's tutorial, but I can only find things on how to set up my own cvs server and to checkout files from already mounted volumes and things like that, I have no idea how to actually get the files that i need from that cvs tree on to my comp. I have no problem installing from source I just can't figure out how to get that source on to my computer. Can anyone help me out?

2. skinjob

skinjob Active Member

3. Muchacho_Gasolino

ah i am a douche i dont know how i missed that

ok now it wont compile right though i tried doing it myself and then i tried the wineinstall thing
    both times it gave me an error while configuring that said valgrind something present but unable to be compiled **REPORT TO CEDEGA LISTS**
    then when compiling i got an error that said unknown CPU architecture and I need to define a context for my cpu then a bunch of syntax errors in a couple of files
    the wineinstall script it provided got a lot farther in compiling though, when i did it myself it messed up basically first thing
    anyone know what is wrong? does this mean it won't work with 64 bit?

4. skinjob

skinjob Active Member

Did you run the configure script before doing a make?

5. Muchacho_Gasolino

yeah, the first error i got was in configure
    the valgrind.h i think is present but unable to be compiled
    it finished the configure though