Installing car speakers

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Cyber0066, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Cyber0066

Cyber0066 New Member

My 2002 corolla right now does not have any rear speakers. I'm planning to buy a pair and try to install it myself, just as a learning experience. What'd be the level of difficulty in doing this? And does anybody know any how-to sites to show you how?

2. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

depends on the rear deck, for example on my 2002 Civic EX, the rear deck has to be taken out since the stock speakers were top mounted. The installer took them out, and made custom plates so that I could use my JL Audio XR series 6.5" coaxials, then he bottom mounted them so that future installation/removal of speakers would be easier. If you already have the wires there, but no speakers then it can be pretty easy, otherwise it wouldn't be too much for a car audio shop to install them for you.

If you buy from Crutchfield, then they give you all the info you need to install them, I'm not sure if their info is car specific or not, but if you order from them and you run into a problem, just give them a call and they should be able to talk you through any problems you might have. Since you don't already have speakers in their, you might want to bottom mount them just to make it easier.

3. On_One

On_One Guest

Most toyota's i've delt with (camry's and lexus) use plastic brackets to mount the rear deck drivers. THe mounting holes config is nothing like any spekear you'll find.

4. Cyber0066

Cyber0066 New Member

Could u explain what you mean by the mounting holes config?