Installing a new system in a 95 Maxima w/Bose system..

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by StealthMode, Aug 21, 2005.

1. StealthMode

StealthMode Active Member

Is this going to be a pain the arse?
    I am planning on installing my Alpine CDA9833 deck, possibly my comps (6.5in not sure if they will fit yet), amp, plus sub amp etc. The reason I am asking is because it has the Bose system from the factory, so what all will I need to rewire (if any) or bypass? I don't feel like paying a shop to install everything..

2. pharcyde183

pharcyde183 Nissan by nature

just bypass the bose shit that's what i did. You can fit 6.5s in there. Maxima seems to use 6.75 in the front. I installed 6.5 a bit small 7 a bit big lol fitment is a problem. Just uninstall the bose amps and speakers and leave the rest of the wiring it's a task if you wanted to get all the wires out. Easy to wire the 9833 just wire the harness up!

3. StealthMode

Alright, seems easy enough. I am planning on running my comps off an amp, so I will be rewiring it all anyway.
    Do you run any subs? If so, are there any problem areas for rattles by chance?

4. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

if you're going to be using an amp, you shouldn't have any problem installing your stereo into the bose system. you can always "pop" the speaker wires behind the radio to see if there are any amps at the speakers (i think they are, but I can't recall in your particular car.)

5. pharcyde183

if you run a big sub. everything rattles. Worst thing is the spoiler and the area under the trunk behind the license plate area

6. StealthMode

No spoiler, so thats one less rattle.. :sad2: Sound deadening material ever help fix that trunk rattle problem?

I'm planning on only running one 10 or 12in sub anyway, nothing too big.

7. pharcyde183

i don't know i never put any in. I'm running a light 5/8" MDF box and a lightweight image dynamics 10 and with some new performance parts on i'm going for a bit more speed. I used to have about 120lbs of weight in the trunk, sounded great on the inside no rattles, outside was ghetto fabulous. You're gonna need a full thick coat over the entire trunk to do much good. A small 10 i'd say just do the floorpan, rear deck, and try to fix license plate area

8. StealthMode

I just wish that stuff wasn't so spendy... What the best bang for the buck for sound deadener?

9. johnson

johnson New Member

Dont know about the 4th gen maxima but my 3rd gen bose speakers were 4.5" up front. Make some MDF speaker rings and coat them so they dont absorb moisture. Wiring the speakers will be just like any other car if youre not using the stock wiring. Raammat seems to be a pretty good for the money. You can buy it directly or on eBay. The owner posts on a bunch of car audio boards too.