Installing a CD burner...help needed.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Funky Munky, Jun 26, 2005.

1. Funky Munky

Funky Munky Chronic Masturbator OT Supporter

Hey bitches, I am just installing a CD burner into my PC and I removed my old CD drive and remembered which wires went where. So there is a small 4 pinned wire on the left as you look down into the computer and the longer parallel wire with "Slave" wrote on it (my DVD drive is the "Master"). Anyway when I bring up my BIOS on the startup it doesn't detect the CD burner and my DVD drives serial name has some messed up characters. Other strange occurences happen such as strange letters and shapes in the BIOS screen when I click in. Can anyone provide any help please? I just need to install it properly.

2. opie

opie hi. OT Supporter

Make sure BIOS has it set for 'Auto', it should detect it if you have it connected correctly.

3. Funky Munky

Funky Munky Chronic Masturbator OT Supporter

How exactly do I connect it correctly though?

My old CD drive had two wires. A small 4 pin one on the left and the longer multi-pin one for the bigger socket.

It still doesn't work and my BIOS still looks fucked up.

4. stoliohranj

stoliohranj beautiful fucking tits man

the 4 pin is for audio and is basically pointless now. are the jumpers right? just to the left on the parallel cable look for 6~8 pins with a jumper across 2 of them. make sure it is on the slave (S) setting.