Installed new Mobo but....

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Psyc0, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Psyc0

Psyc0 TTKA

Before my previous motherboard crashing, everything worked perfectly. It crashed, I bought a new one, no big deal. Now.... I have hooked everything up, all wires are accounted for that should be and everything should be working, however, when I try to turn on the computer i push the button and it powers up (LEDs turn on, fans start spinning) and immediately turns off (talking less than a full second after) and won't do it again without switching the master power switch in the back on/off. Anyone have any ideas why it would be doing this??

2. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

Bad power supply maybe.

3. Psyc0

Psyc0 TTKA

>.< shit.... I really hope not. It seems like the power supply isn't holding any kind of charge though. It is just sort of surging and then stopping. Could the processor have been damaged in the transfer and cause something like this? any other reasons? I would hate to have to replace my power supply now too, especially since it was working completely fine when I had my last mobo (it was turned on just beeping loudly since the mobo was shot).

How could the power supply have died like that?

4. Yakbak

Yakbak New Member

What motherboard? Some auto-shutdown if it doesn't detect a fan speed RPM for the CPU fan, for safety reasons.

5. Psyc0

Psyc0 TTKA

the mobo is an ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 Dual series... if that is the case how would I go about fixing it?

6. Psyc0

Psyc0 TTKA

It looks like the mobo seems to be shutting down the computer thinking the fan is not starting right or something.... I don't see anything in the manual about a temp guage for the mobo or anything or any way to stop it from shutting itself down.... anyone have any ideas? :wtc:

7. chips

chips ...

make sure all the jumper are set correctly and reseat your proc