Installed new board, processor, ram and reformated, things aint right

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by CrazyMook, Nov 8, 2003.

1. CrazyMook

CrazyMook OT Supporter

So just put in new asus p4c800 deluxe w/ p4 2.8ghz and 512mb or ram. reformated the hard drive and installed fresh copy of xp. computer runs great for like 10 or so minutes until i start putting programs back on then the computer just starts to slow down. After i put a downloaded a new winamp skin, it took literally 5 minutes for winamp to load, and after that trillian would refuse to load and trying to reboot by going to start, turn off computer, then restart didnt do shit. it almost seems like the ram usage fluctuates. i had to stick of pc2100 (256) before the 512 and it did the same thing...this runs a bit better, but i mean, why is the computer doing this? i've since reformated 3 times and the same problems arise. i previously had an amd xp 1800 w/ an asus board and never experienced any problems like this. my friend has the SAME setup w/ no problems to speak of, doesnt make sense

2. Blindsight

Blindsight Guest

I vote for bad installation of HSF, sounds like the CPU is throttling down so it doesn't cook itself

Are your old processor and mobo for sale btw? :x:

3. CrazyMook

CrazyMook OT Supporter

hehe, sadly, thats going towards sister computer