FRK Inspired by JohnJohnJohnson's post... My first rope harness...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by shohan, Aug 3, 2009.

1. shohan

shohan New Member

I saw JohnJohnJohnsons post about his BDSM event and got inspired. I always have been interested in trying rope work just haven't had a partner who was as sexually adventurous as I to allow me to experiment. My fuck buddy however let's me do anything so a quick trip to Wal-Mart yesterday I procured 50' of nylon rope and began plotting in my head. I didn't do anything fancy, I didn't know how, and kept things pretty simple, but I'm pretty happy with how things came out. I learned a few things doing it for next time and think I'll try to immobilize her more. Beyond this I need to find a way to place an anchor in my bedroom ceiling so I can tie someone up and suspend them in the air. :rofl:

Pics...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. P-Nut

P-Nut Active Member

:bigthumb:

Way to go on the bruises too!

3. shohan

shohan New Member

Yeah, those bruises are what's left, but previously her whole ass was pretty marked up. That was an interesting night to say the least.

I guess either I did a pretty bad job or no one else is interested in this stuff beyond a couple people? I was wondering if anyone had any good links for more advanced techniques and knots. Funny enough, I showed the pics to another friend of mine and she straigt up said she wanted to do it. We kind of discovered each others freakiness when she found out I have a PA and I found out she has just about everything pierced. That was a good suprise.

4. LiftedUp

LiftedUp New Member

It's cool that you have taken an interest in this, and that you have someone else to participate/practice with.

However, I feel OBLIGATED to respond, particularly to your plans for suspension. Suspension bondage is SERIOUS stuff, with a LOT of potential safety risks including circulation risks, lacerations, nerve damage or even death! The long and short of it, is that suspension play is NOT to be taken lightly... nor is it a beginner's rope activity!

That being said, it certainly is an attainable goal for someone who is serious about pursuing it. But, it takes a LOT of knowledge, practice, and experience... usually a few years worth. You need to know things like the plethora of knots commonly used in bondage and which ones are appropriate for what applications, which ones cinch and which ones bite, what size rope to use where, how to distribute body weight across multiple leads, how to use multiple layers to comfortably distribute hanging force across various areas of skin on the body, your emergency quick release plan, how to properly frame and mount suspension points in your joists, and this is just the beginning! As you can see, there is A LOT to suspension play! I don't want you to feel like this is an attack in any way, I just really want you to be aware of the seriousness of such activities for your sake, and especially for the sake of your partner, that will be bound by you.

That being said, work toward that as goal, but in the meantime, start building your knowledge base and repertoire. Practice every chance you get (with your partner is more fun! But don't forget you can also practice knots with just a section of rope, or limb ties on your self). Learn and memorize all the appropriate commonly used knots and their functions. Read and watch videos and tutorials online of everything you can get your hands on... and there's a ton of it out there available for free. If suspension is a serious goal for you, you'll get there with practice, but in the meantime, have fun with the learning experience as there's a TON you can do with rope play BEFORE you get to suspension.

Enjoy!

5. shohan

shohan New Member

That all makes perfect sense. I do realize the potential for harm with the use of rope and even more so with suspension. I guess I should have elaborated more in that suspension is as you say a goal. I wouldn't even know where to begin to properly and safely suspend someone right now. I've got a length of 550 cord I've been using to practice nots on and have been focusing on mostly non-cinchin knots like the french bowlin and box knot and have been doing more reading on the artform itself. To me this is much more than just tying someone up and fucking the shit out of them. This is a way to creatively explore different methods of pleasure and stimulation while asserting my dominant side.

There certainly is a lot to learn and be mindful of. I'm going to lookin to if there is any local workshops, classes, events or anything similiar but not necessarily related to it that can be helpful.

6. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

7. Lovely Atlantis

Lovely Atlantis Luscious Lovely Lady!

Looks like fun :)

Good to hear that you're being sensible about your suspension aspirations. Suspension is something that I think is a little overhyped personally. I mean it is cool for sure... but I think people think it's way more amazing than it is. Personally the three times I've been suspended I've found it quite painful. It was fun too... but not the whole weightless experience I was expecting. I could VERY MUCH feel my weight with the ropes cutting into my skin deeply. Now ofcourse as a masochist this was enjoyable in its own way too! :p