Inspirational story? Maybe...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by adamlewis88, Dec 5, 2008.

1. adamlewis88

adamlewis88 New Member

With all the problems around here, thought Id share something good.

Pre-cliffs: Long read about me and how I met my fiance

In case you havent already picked up on it, Im a guy. 25 years old. Junior in College, and freelance photographer.

As far back as I can remember, I always got caught up with girls. I remember in kindergarten, I had a "girlfriend". I didnt really, but I saw the situation on TV and there was a girl there that I "liked" (as much as a 5 year old can), so I called her my girlfriend.

My first real girlfriend was in middle school. We dated and broke up about 7 times (again, "dating" is relative to what a kid can do in middle school...). Id like her, shed like me, we would get together, and then it would get boring and Id stop calling and just ignore her. Then wed break up, Id miss her, Id talk to her again, and the cycle would start all over again.

Got to high school and I dated A LOT. I know it sounds girly to say this, but every girl was "the one" when I started dating them and then I would just always lose interest. I was always with a different girl. I honestly cant keep track of how many girls I dated in high school. My fiance has asked me sometimes and I always arrive at a number but always end up thinking of a couple more just minutes later.

No matter who I was dating, I always envisioned being married and living in a nice house and coming home after work to see my wife. Wed have dinner, watch a movie, go do something, and then come back home together. Call me gay, but thats what I wanted. I know its not very "manly" but whatever.

My senior year of high school, I thought I really did find the one. I was crazy about her and she was crazy about me and she was the first girl I dated that I didnt lose interest in. Then, the summer came and she decided to go to a different school and decided that we needed to break up. Sucks. I really didnt have any say in the matter. She wanted it that way and thats how it was going to be.

After that, I went to college, but I didnt date at all. Id see girls, and I would be attracted to them, but I didnt ever really want to date.

Eventually, I got a job at UPS here in Louisville because they pay for all of your school if you work the night shift. I started there and became part of a 6 man crew at night. I became really good friends with a guy there and eventually, we started hanging out during the day (a big deal for anyone who works 3rd shift).

One day, we went to get some pizza and his girlfriend met us. His girlfriend thought I was a nice guy so she went back to school and told one of her friends about me. After my friend's girlfriend (confusing, I know) set it all up, I had a blind date arranged for me. I had never been on a blind date. All the girls I had been with before were the kind of girls that I had known and that we both grew to like one another.

Well, on January 3rd of 2003, Me, my friend, his girlfriend, and his girlfriend's friend all met in the parking lot of a local mall. I remember EXACTLY what she looked like. After meeting, we went to dinner, I fumbled about, she seemed amused, and then we all later went to a bookstore. Eventually, she had to go home because her mom had a curfew for her (she was 17, I was 19) and we all had to leave.

We walked over to her car, it was breathtakingly cold, and we stood there for a little bit. Im terribly shy around people I dont know and I had never asked for a girl's number before (like I said, normally I already knew them when we were dating). Somehow, I actually got up the courage and I asked for her number, AND!..she actually gave it to me! We went our separate ways that night and I was so happy I remember flipping out when I got to my car and calling my mom to tell her about it.

I waited a few days, and called her back to set up our second date. We got it all planned out and then when the day came, she was "sick". I was sure she just didnt like me. I figured I couldnt really expect much since it was just a random blind date. What are the odds anything would have come from it?

Well, eventually, we actually got to have that second date and after that, the rest is history. This January 3rd will mark our 6 year anniversary. On June 19th of 2009 we will be getting married. We bought our first house together already and were currently fixing it up as I live there. Once were married, shell move in with me.

Of the almost 2200 days weve been together, we have seen each other almost all of them. The total days that we havent seen each other is less than 30. I absolutely love her and cant imagine my life without her. I appreciate her more and more every day and constantly strive to let her know it.

I know its long, and I know some people wont care, and I know some OT'er will say something like "IByoubreakup", but I just wanted to share something nice with everyone always posting bad news.

:)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  2. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

Congrats!

Has it been pretty much smooth sailing or were there any rough bumps along the way?

3. Bob Brown

Bob Brown bewshit, bewshit, bewshit

Congrats. glad you both are happy.

4. jonno

jonno New Member

awesome man. congrats

5. adamlewis88

adamlewis88 New Member

Haha of course weve had a few fights. Who doesnt? The important thing is that we both realize how much we make each other happy and are always willing to work at it when we do fight. Id say we normally have a real "fight" once a year. Theyve been over stupid things in the grand scheme of things and, from how I see it, are really over two different people trying to come together and live the same life together.

6. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

<3 <3 <3 LOVE IT!!

Great story! Congrats :love:

7. bearsdidit

bearsdidit OT Supporter

congrats man.... hopefully we can be in a relationship like that!

8. giz

giz Active Member

gave me the chills, congratulations. I hope to be as happy as you someday. :)

9. Toxica

Toxica New Member

I would recommend you living together before you get married.

Other than that, great story! I was saying "aww" throughout the whole thing, especially the part where you were 5 and had a girlfriend on tv and when you said you were flipping out after you got your gf's number. That was cute. lol

10. Tedrzz

Tedrzz New Member

Definitely a nice break from all the horror stories that go on in here.

Good story dude. Doesn't dating all the wrong girls make you realize how lucky you are when you finally find the right one? It's the best feeling ever.

11. Eddie Brock

Eddie Brock New Member

congrats broham...

12. Abomb

Abomb New Member

uh why doesnt she just move in with you now...........

13. adamlewis88

adamlewis88 New Member

Because were not married now. Call it old fashioned, but thats the way were doing it. :p

14. adamlewis88

adamlewis88 New Member

YES!

I honestly had kinda given up on girls when I met her. Its not that I didnt ever want to find a girlfriend, but I didnt want to look at all. It just didnt interest me. I didnt feel like putting forth the effort. I found her though, and it all just came so easily.