WEB Inserting Flash "Contact" Form into Template

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Dolan, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Dolan

Dolan OT Supporter

Notice: I am a Flash newbie (you know... as well as an OT newbie :p). This is my first flash site, and I have no idea what I am doing.

OK, with that said, I have a flash template that I am modifying for a website.

I found this contact form script:
    http://www.macromediahelp.com/flash/php_flash_contact_form/

And I'm trying to incorporate that into a "contact us" type page. I can get the script to work just fine on its own, but having a little trouble working it into the template.

I can save it as a .swf, and import it in, but then it just loops over and over like a video, showing message sent, going back to the main page, and so forth.

If I copy/paste the fields into the template, I get a visually working form I can fill out, but hitting the send button does nothing.

I played around with pasting the ActionScript into the Actions layer of the existing template, but failed to achieve functionality of the form.

I know, I need to take some Flash tutorials or something, but I'm trying to get this thing finished up in a hurry. Any tips guys?

2. conRAD

conRAD New Member

if you want, I can post up a contact form in flash that I use. A bit busy right now, but if you want it let me know.

3. Dolan

Dolan OT Supporter

Hey, that'd be great if you don't mind.