SRS Insecure About Appearance; Am I An Ugly Person?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by LiQuiD_FuSioN, Oct 28, 2005.

1. LiQuiD_FuSioN

LiQuiD_FuSioN New Member

Honestly, I have no idea about fashion or how a guy is supposed to look, all that stuff.

Well, this is me:
    http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OLAENEB&key=JWA

Am I really ugly enough to recieve 2/10 ratings? lol!! Seriously, I don't know where I go wrong.

What does a female look for when she sees a guy? Do I need a haircut? I just shaved nearly all my hair off and now I look like a funny looking dork with glasses. :(

So, is it more about how I feel and how nice my personality is that makes me attractive or what? It's hard to be happy when you think you should look another way, but mother nature did it's own course with you. I need some advice, anything helps. :wtc:

2. RedDawg

RedDawg Well-Known Member

take a better picture and try not to look like someone shot your dog while taking it

3. Moistfly

Moistfly Anal Bum Cover

Your hair looks like a mop
    You have a poor complexion ... plus that black shirt is washing you out more
    You look scrawny
    Get something done to your eyebrows ... maybe it's the picture but one looks feminine and the other looks gangly

4. LiQuiD_FuSioN

LiQuiD_FuSioN New Member

5. LiQuiD_FuSioN

LiQuiD_FuSioN New Member

How do I get a good complexion and all that? Geez, I'm must be really bad. :(

6. beautiful disaster

beautiful disaster OT Supporter

well that will do alot to help your confidence. :nono:

anyways, i didn't get to see your pic (work blocked it... :rolleyes: ) but this might help.

i know when i'm looking for a guy, it's usually for things like personality, etc. sure, outward appearance is the first thing people usually look for, but i try to talk to everyone before i make my judgement.

there is someone out there for you and they will like you for you and not your appearance. because appearances changed but what's inside will always be the same. just always be yourself and i'm sure someone will come along.

also, don't base your opinion of yourself on what people on hotornot say. keep your head up kid.

7. johan

johan Active Member

I'm not going to lie to you.

Here's the bad news. You're pretty average looking.

And now, here's the GOOD news: You're pretty average looking.

And not only is that good news, that is DAMN FUCKING EXCELLENT NEWS!

Why? Because there's nothing terribly wrong with you.
    With a little effort put into styling, clothing, grooming and attitude, you can look like someone you could only dream of right now.

Check out Vay's thread for a similar transformation.
    Your teeth look straight and pretty normal. Good. Dental work is expensive and time-consuming. So you've already dodged the main bullet.

Get to work on your grooming. After that, you need to plan activities that force you outside of your shell. In this way, you can help yourself to modify your personality, by emphasizing aspects that are currently underdeveloped. The main one being CONFIDENCE.

anyways, more on this later..

8. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Fushion you have a lot to look forward to. Check Vay's thread go thru a simular transformation and show us some pics of the new you. Make a serious effort if you want to change anything.

9. teo

teo . => ? => !

There's nothing inherently wrong with your looks but as previous posters have said you can improve your grooming habits. Part of the problem is that you're taking over/underexposed pictures with bad lighting. Also, your smile in the second set of pictures looks fake - people *always* look better when they're smiling for real. If you don't smile often, start now. A genuine smiling face is always more appealing than a neutral or frowning face, regardless of physical features.

If you're dying your hair darker, stop immediately. You've got really pale skin. Dark hair and black clothing will do two things - it will wash you out (make you seem way too pale in almost a sickly manner) and it will put emphasis on the condition of your skin, meaning that the instant it's thinking about forming a pimple, it looks bad even though it may not actually be bad. Dye your hair back to whatever color it's supposed to be, and wear clothing that is not black.

For the rest of it, that's up to you. Find clothing that flatters your form, and a haircut that flatters your face. Once you get started it's not too hard to keep going. :dunno:

10. Killuminati

Killuminati New Member

You might want to set goals and try to aim for them. Do you work out?

11. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

Yup. Nothing wrong with you. Just invest a little in yourself. Get some nice clothes and a good haircut. No need to go overboard...just show the ladies that you are friendly and approachable.

12. Darrin

Darrin Eat. Sleep. Arrest People.

your not bad looking at all, your pasty white (like me) but yeah do something with your hair. Spike it up, or something :)

Literally, one day i sat down, got some vo5 re-work wax (u can keep messing with your hair and it just styles and stays however u put it, no matter how many times u change it) and played with my hair to see what i liked ;)

oh, and seeming as u got a lil bit funny with people commenting without pics, heres my crappy hotornot.com one http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=EUNZHZH&key=AJD - a 9, still doesnt help that i've only ever had 1 girlfriend in my entire life :S

13. Mercur1o

Mercur1o New Member

:)

14. shankems2000

shankems2000 If you read everybody's user text and location, yo

Get a haircut, don't know what kind of haircut, when you go into the shop just pick out one that you think would look good on you.

Experiment with the way you dress until you find something that you feel reflects upon your personality or that you feel comfortable wearing. Get a tan and some confidence.

I've seen straight up bumbs with gorgeous women. Doesn't make any sense right? Wrong, they're confidence is what attracts the women, not the way they dress.

15. Bleed

Bleed New Member

1. get a more modern hair cut.
    2. don't look like you are forcing a smile
    3. go get some sun

16. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

You're not exactly smiling...

17. waffler

waffler Errrbuddy in this bitch get tipsy

go to a salon and ask them to do your hair how they think it will best suit you, they know what they are doing

18. armond

armond New Member

Everyone hit it pretty good. I would suggest a few more things, but I would like alittle background info.

What do you do for fun? Social life? Physical activities?

The 2/10 has to do with total physical looks and how you are carrying yourself in your pic. You look upset/sad... Cut that emo shit out, it does nothing but make you look pathetic. You look/sound like you have NO confidence in yourself. Having confidence is the first key to being happy with yourself. Actually, recognizing you have no confidence and trying to gain some is the first step.

Do something with yourself. Hit some weight, go running, play some sports. Those activities can boost ones self esteem plus get you better shape, plus it can give you that tan for your complexion. Being able to look at yourself in the mirror and find things to improve on is human nature, we all want to improve, but you also have to be able to look in the mirror and see yourself in a good light.

19. Darrin

denial is right, as much as people on offtopic are absolute cockfaces, when it comes to the asylum, people are honest, and will help. Dont be ashamed to ask for help, in school, i looked like an utter freak, i never had 1 girlfriend and i just looked horrific. Luckily i was friends with a few decent girls and i went to them one day and asked them to tell me exactly what i needed to do to improve myself.

By the time college came around, i was a totally different person physically, and i just had tons and tons more confidence, because you look and feel great. Im no Brad Pitt, but i feel i have made the most out of what i have, and thats makes me feel good, especially knowing what i used to look like. You really will be shocked at how differently you look at yourself when you feel good.

In a few months, YOU will be the one replying to these threads to tell people how to improve their image, and you can tell them how you did it :)

20. GlassUser

GlassUser send an email not a pm OT Supporter

Don't base your opinion of your appearance on what people say on the internet. We tend to be assholes here.

You look fine. You know it. That's why you're insecure about being fugly and not certain.

21. LiQuiD_FuSioN

LiQuiD_FuSioN New Member

I just started riding my bike and getting some exercise! Wow, it feels so much better. My energy has never been this high before either!!

Instead of staying cooped up inside, my body needed some action and yesterday I went to the gym. It's a really nice place, I met some people that can give me some tips too.

As for clothes, I'm dressing better instead of grungy t-shirts. I even approached a girl and things worked out well!

22. Darrin

i met a girl playing WoW lol.. turned out to be pretty much the best person ever :)

23. Budha

Budha Guest

Ok what I see that you need to do is exaclty this. You'd look good with a Ceasar/High and tight cut. I dont mean like an army ranger look, I just mean like a nice fade, and your hair combed to the front. Definately get a tan, dont fake your smile, and be confident in yourself. I know a lot of average lookin dudes that have hot girls. Personality really gets you places. Another thing, brighten up your wardrobe. Buy some nicer polo's that are like a non dark color, such as a sky blue one, light green, etc. You dont have to spend hundreds on this crap, you can buy stuff at say Kohls or something that still looks good and wont rob you.

24. armond

armond New Member

Great to hear youa ctually did something

25. teo

teo . => ? => !

good. now, keep doing it. habits are formed with repetition - keep up the good work and don't let yourself stay down if you fall.