SRS Insane post abortion costs?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by GRE1969, Mar 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GRE1969

GRE1969 New Member

I don't even know what to do guys..
    My girlfriend had an abortion a while ago, and on the places website it was around $500 to get it done.
    Heres the twist.
    She just told me shes behind in payments. I was thinking, what the hell it was only like $500?
    Turns out, she has been paying around 500 a month for stuff such as health support or something, and a couple other things that seem confusing.
    Even worse, these payments go for like 10 more years, with no break in costs.
    Also, if she gets married, I guess i have to pay like 500 a month for 18 years for every kid she has. This all makes me wonder why the hell I have to pay for this, and why she has to pay for ~10 years for a procedure she has already had done.

Basically, I was just hoping for some others that have had abortions to enlighten me as to wtf is going on. Seriously, this could screw me up for life. Were both 17 years old. I just dont know what to do.:sadwavey:

IBwtflurker

2. 7960

7960 New Member

(better fit here)

What? You're saying her abortion is going to cost her $60,000?

She's got something wrong, or she's being billed incorrectly, or she's lying to you. Ask her for the bill and, with her sitting right there, call the number on the bill and ask "what the fuck?" and get it straightened out.

3. GRE1969

GRE1969 New Member

Thats what i was thinking, I don't understand how an abortion is causing this much money. I've never heard of such a thing. I don't have the exact names as to what shes being charged for, but I will soon. Has anybody heard of paying for somethign like health support for her future kids?

4. 7960

7960 New Member

No........like I said, she either has something wrong, she's being billed incorrectly, or she's lying to you. There's a 4th option and that's that someone in that office is swindling money from her but I sort of included that in "billed incorrectly" and "something wrong."

If I was you I'd sleep soundly tonight and get her and the bill tomorrow and make a phone call and get this figured out. There is no such thing as "health support for future children."

5. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

No, there's definitely something wrong there. Are you in the US?

6. GRE1969

GRE1969 New Member

Yea, Washington State. I'm with you guys but I have been dating her for 2 years and nothing makes sense now. She has been paying for months now, I just need out of this somehow.

7. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Wow wtf...

8. GRE1969

GRE1969 New Member

yea thats what I'm saying. Apparently getting married drops the payments to something like 100 a month for reasons I can't really explain. Whole thing seems fucked up to me.

9. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Have you seen the bills to this?

10. GRE1969

GRE1969 New Member

No, but then again, I haven't paid for anything either.

11. lauren

lauren Active Member

wtf. :ugh:
    get proof. bills, account statements, names, and go with her to said monthly health services.

12. halflife78

halflife78 OT Supporter

In for an answer to this, it sounds like she is being scammed or lying to you for some reason.

13. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

In as well. I thought there were places you could get abortions for free.

wtf @ making her pay $500 a month for years AFTER the abortion. What are they going to do if she doesn't pay, put the baby back in her? (like the opposite of a repo guy?)

14. blackgrrl23

blackgrrl23 If the game ain't money, then I ain't playing.

The procedure itself costs $500 but she shouldn't have to pay anything after that :hsugh:

15. Elfling

Elfling New Member

I agree- she's lying, or she's misunderstanding the bill, or she's being scammed. that whole "it goes down if we get married" thing REALLY makes me suspicious. I'm not saying go to her all confrontational, but something is fishy.

Where did she go for the procedure?

16. stolid_agnostic

stolid_agnostic One who is both stolid and agnostic. Get a diction

I think she may be screwing you, dude

but in WA, nothing surprises me, it's a very backwards state

17. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

As others have asked, whats the name/website of the place she went?

I wouldnt really say that she's trying to fool you/take your money, it maybe that SHE'S been fooled/taken advantage of by the clinic you went to. You need to see the bills and figure out what EXACTLY she's being charged for.

18. quickone

quickone New Member

theres no way you would have to pay $500 a month for 18 years for every kid she has. this whole things seems crazy. Theres NO WAY thats correct.

19. johan

johan Active Member

The cost of an abortion depends on the stage of pregnancy and which clinic is providing services. First trimester procedures run about $450-800. Second trimester procedures cost $600-6000. Many insurance plans cover abortion. In Washington, abortion is covered by the state medical assistance. State Medicaid coverage varies from state to state.

There is no continuing cost for abortion. Get real.

20. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

:werd: I can't imagine a girl coming up with a story like that, that's just too outrageous to make up.

21. xotox

xotox xotox

Can a minor even enter into a financial contract like that? The abortion/healthcare contract, yes, but a financing contract or some shit?

22. xotox

xotox xotox

You need to look at these bills and read whatever she signed. Unless she went to the Catholic Church for an abortion, I see no reason for the marriage stipulation. Further, I can see no legally valid reason that family status (marriage) could alter a payment structure/loan principal/etc.

23. MassMan

MassMan OT Supporter

:rofl:

but yeah, I agree with everyone else here. Also, if the company says anything like "well, she signed for it" contact planned parenthood. They will sick their lawyers on them (all are very passionate about what they do and many of who work pro bono).

24. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

Curiosity is killing me. At least give us the website. I want to call them up and schedule an abortion to find out what it is all about.

25. erynne936

erynne936 my av is a car, but i'm a girl. stop calling me b OT Supporter

abortions cost about $500-$600 for the procedure and that is with no insurance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.