input needed: late/missed period reasons other than pregnancy?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Gadget, Feb 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gadget

Gadget New Member

Yes, I've read all the stickies.

My girlfriend's last period was on New Years Eve. We've only been having sex for two weeks and it was only on the weekends, never had any problems with the condoms...no breaks, no leaks, no slipoffs, nothing.

Now we are here, February 3rd, and she still hasnt started her period. She says she's been irregular but we are getting a bit worried that something could have happened. We are going in to get a pregnancy test today but I am wondering if anyone can give me any other possibilities for this?

I cannot think of ANYTHING that went wrong using the condoms....we had no problems, I even washed up after each time. (didnt keep going after I came either)

Thoughts? thanks.

2. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

TAKE A FREAKING TEST :rolleyes:
    None of us can tell you why she missed her period or if she's pregnant.

3. Gadget

Gadget New Member

obviously....we are going, as i said in my post. just asking what other things could possibly cause this?

4. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Google is your friend.
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=things+that+can+cause+a+missed+period

http://www.faqfarm.com/Q/What_can_cause_a_missed_period
    Answer

I am not sure of anything that can cause you to be that late other than pregnancy. I'm sure there are a number of things though, but I would go to a doctor and talk to them. They can give you a physical exam or a blood test to determine if you are pregnant. These are better than a home test. Hope this helps and good luck!
    [edit answer]
    Answer

Get an STD test. I once thought I was pregnant because my period was 2 months late. Turns out I had chlamydia (with absolutely no symptoms) and when you have chlamydia or gonorrhea for a long time it can develop into pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) which is an infection in your uterus and/or ovaries which can, if untreated, scar your ovaries so that you will be left unable to have kids. Symptoms of PID include missed periods and stomach cramps. It's completely cured with a couple pills. Get checked out!
    [edit answer]
    Answer

Many things can make you miss a period such as stress, weight changes, changes in birth control pills, change in diet, etc.
    [edit answer]
    Answer

Are you normally regular for your cycle? If not, then it can be just your cycle isn't normal. It can be an STD like chymadia. Take a pregnancy test. If it's neg, go to the doctor and see if he can do a pelvic exam.
    Lots of things can cause a missed period: birth control pills (changing or stopping), going on the Shot, stress, faliure to ovulate, taking MAPs, changes in diet or weight, many things. Pregnancy too, but test yourself.
    [edit answer]
    Answer

Be very careful when you miss a period, I missed mine and had abdominal pain the doctor took a swab and treated me for Chlamydia, and Ghonnorhea, straight away, when the results came back negative he took a preganacy test which came back negative and then reffered me to a Gynecologist. Two and a half months of pain and brown discharge later waiting for my Gynecologist appointment I caved in and went in to hospital. They took three pregnancy tests which came back negative! They took a blood sample and tested it for HcG (pregnancy hormone) it came back positve, I had a scan the next day, I had a ruptured ectopic pregnancy, and was told i was lucky I checked myself into hospital when I did, I had my fallopian tube and baby removed, and haven't had a period since (9 months). Get a blood test if your urine pregnacy test comes back negative, especially if you have abdominal pain. HcG levels are lower than normal in ectopic pregnancies and decrease the further into your pregnacy you go so sometimes they can't be detected in a urine test, get it checked don't end up like me!
    [add answer]

5. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

take test, see gyno...

closing thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.