inline frames dont work in IE?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 127.0.0.1, Jul 6, 2004.

1. 127.0.0.1

127.0.0.1 New Member

so i finally got my site to pretty much work
    http://g2legend.com but for some reason, i cant get them to work with internet explorer.

they work fine in opera, everything works with opera. heres the code...

Code:
    <div style="position: absolute; z-index: 1 left: 20px; top: 350px; visibility: visible" id="myIframe">
    <iframe name="myIframe" src="home.htm" scrolling=auto align=center hspace=20 vspace=20 frameborder="0" target="myIframe" width="855" height="530"> </iframe>
    </div>
    if you need the whole html then i can put that up too.

2. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

3. 127.0.0.1

127.0.0.1 New Member

wow. that doesnt help at all....

4. Blade

Blade Time to swolercize

works for my IE. I have used iframes for a while in IE, no problems

5. 127.0.0.1

127.0.0.1 New Member

did you try the links at the top and bottom?

6. WERUreo

WERUreo Imua!

It doesn't look very good in Firefox either... On the main page, the car graphic in the iframe (I'm assuming that is what that is without looking at the source) is not lining up with the background graphic. Also, clicking on the links on the bottom takes you to what I'm assuming are the correct pages, but you can't see any of the text, because the background is black.

BTW, no offense or anything, but what is this thing with using Imageready to design web pages? Is this a new thing or something?? I've seen a couple of people here using Imageready... I just don't get it..

Sorry, this post probably wasn't much help except to let you know how it looked in Firefox. I don't deal in iframes very much myself... :dunno:

7. WERUreo

WERUreo Imua!

A couple of other things I noticed that may or may not help... There is an inline style in your main iframe for a div that looks like this:
    Code:
    <div style="position: absolute; z-index: 1 left: 60px; top: 378px; visibility: visible" id="myIframe">

There should be a semicolon after "z-index: 1". That could be causing unpredictable browser behavior and may even help with lining that up with the background graphic.

Also, you've got a DOCTYPE of XHTML Strict, but that document is far from being XHTML Strict. You may want to change that or even get rid of it, because that could possibly also cause the page to render differently in different browsers.

One final question: why two iframes? As it is now, you can't see the bottom of the "main" iframe without scrolling both the main page and the iframe. Just a thought...