MMA Injury before tournament - /Blog

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by GeeGee, Sep 27, 2008.

1. GeeGee

GeeGee New Member

So, I signed up for the No-Gi Pan Ams about a month ago and last night I sprained/fractured my ankle while rolling. Today the bone on the side of my foot is the size of a baseball and I'm having a hard time walking around.

The worst part about that shit if I cant fight next week then I lose my 100 dollar registration fee for nothing. I always seem to have bad luck with injuries.

This happened because I had a triangle on someone and they rolled back to defend but ended up rolling right into the wall and I followed to finish the triangle from mount. My loose foot was on his back and got caught between him and the wall. CrrRRrrrrAAaaaCCckkKkk ! That shit hurt.

Question for the cage:

I can move it and walk on it with some slight discomfort. Do you think that with icing it down daily that it will heal [more or less] in time for the tourney or should I try and cancel my registration?

Thanks,
    /blog

ibcoolstoryhansel
    ibnicefableaesop

2. teep

teep New Member

whens the tourney?

lots of ice lots of ibuprofin. keep it elevated and stay off it when you can.

if it still hurts just butt scoot/pull guard? :dunno:

if it's that swollen and painful you might have fractured something. there are alot of bones in there.

3. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

there's a big differnce between a sprain and a fracture...

First step would be to to get an x-ray to see if you have anything broken. If not, then follow the above.

4. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

you need to find out if there is a break or a sprain. go to the doctor.

the two [possibilities i see are that you fractured it and you need to get to the Dr and have some pins put in. If thats what happened you will be in excruciating pain and wont be able to put an ounce of weight on it.

There are also little fluid sacks that float around your ankle, when you roll your ankle really bad, those fluid sacks can rupture. it hurts like crazy, it swells up huge, but it eventually goes down and you;ll be fine.

go to a Dr.

5. Phill A. Peno

Phill A. Peno It's Filipino, stupid. OTTC, Cycling Crew, WRX Cr OT Supporter

go to doctor first. then make decision.

6. Optamix

Optamix New Member

Broke, no go.

Sprain, suck it up and fight.

Go see a Dr. stat.

7. GeeGee

GeeGee New Member

Tourney is next Saturday.
    Thanks for the advice, My entire strategy was to pull guard and butt scoot anyways ...... my bottom game is better than my top and I cant takedown for shit.

8. HouseLing

That's not true:o. It depends on the person and what/how bad the break is. I had a guy walking around for a week here at work on a broken bone in his foot before I convinced him to go get it re x-rayed. Turns out the clinic he went to first screwed up the original.

Makes me think twice about going there again, since that's where I got my wrist x-rayed... :o

9. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

foot != ankle

10. HouseLing

true:dunno:

11. rtzcom

rtzcom bon wons! fight slepa for life sone!~

Holy Shit Mo....I'm sorry to hear about this bro. I was rooting for you guys to do well this Pan-Ams.

Keep on icing that this whole week until you see a doctor. We get ankle injuries like that often at Benny's and icing it does the trick.

I think you'll be fine and it's just the current pain and swelling that's making you bug out.

Don't cancel the registration. Just ask Marco to modify your game plan. Hope you feel better bro